Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

BC, like many universities, may take a bit of time getting used to (just the college life in general), but definitely give it time. I was not a huge fan at first, but have since come to meet a vast array of incredible people, and learn so much in fields that are of extreme interest to me that I wouldn't go back and change my decision at all.

I had a great freshman year at BC and lucked out on housing for next year. I enjoy BC and find the academics very challenging but doable. The girls are extremely good looking here, and a lot of pompous guys can be a pain in the...neck. There are some great people at BC, however, and I am glad i came here and would never transfer.

The school has an extremely strong sense of community and social justice, especially when it comes to working in the local community. Even if you don't agree with many of the things the administration or Catholic Church do, you still feel like you're part of the school community and you can find your place if you try to.

My school is unique in that it is an expensive school, but it is need-based and is actually very accurate in determining family contributions. It is also unique because there are plenty of resources that are not highly publicized, but they are there, and are less competitive. You just have to look for them on your own.

Boston College has the extreme luxury and unique blend of being a relatively intimate small-scale suburban campus nestled right next to a major city. While I won't comment on the state of Boston's public transportation, culturally significant, fun, and interesting things were always a reasonable bus/T ride away.

First and foremost, Boston College has amazing volunteer groups and other service based organizations on campus. The campus life caters to religious students, but many students are not practicing. The professors at BC are more than helpful and are interested in forming real relationships with their students.

Boston College has both a strong academic history as well as a good, Division I athletic program. Attending football, hockey and basketball games is amazing and always a good distraction from my studies. Honestly some of my best memories are from sporting events because they are fun and stress free.

I think BC is an excellent school, and I could not picture myself anywhere else. That being said, I know BC has some problems that I would like to see improved. But I would challenge anyone to find a school where students or faculty members aren't upset about something.

Though Boston College is very expensive, it offers decent financial aid packages, which aren't too difficult to complete. The student body is very involved in the sports on campus and the campus is beautiful. The student body overall is very smart and motivated.

Given the chance of doing college again, I would pay much less for a school that has slightly less renowned academics. If I were interviewing someone for a job and I knew they went to BC, I would be hesitant to hire them. I would not like my children to go here.