Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

To a degree

Somewhat

Yes.

yes

Yes

in my experience maybe this is 5% of the BC population but most people i have met are real people and not stuck up at all. honestly, because the college is about $50000 a year including room and board, yes many people are rich but not many flaunt it around. i was surprised that BC is much more diverse than anyone lets on, the problem in my eyes is that the students ourselves unintentionally segregate-it sounds a lot worse when i put it like that, but one of the big groups on campus is called AHANA standing for: African-American, Hispanic, Asian and Native American. people group themselves together ergo the asian kids all seem to have asian friends, etc etc. its a real shame because i have found if people dont rely on this, people can fall into natural groups that will, yes, have diversity. a group on campus does go around and sit down at other peoples tables at lunch in order to switch up the different diversities. in general, if people dont cop out, you get to meet some really different and awesome people here. drinking is a big part of the social scene but its not the complete picture. i am only a social drinker and i probably only go to parties once or twice a month. the rest of the weekends i have tons to do with friends while being sober ESPECIALLY in boston. being 5miles from downtown boston (30minutes on the subway from central boston) is a great thing because there are endless things to do in the city-unlike some small colleges where the only thing to do is drink in small dorm rooms. my suggestion is that if you plan on dirnking, make sure you make more than just drinking friends-i have heard of ppl who have had this problem and it's much better if you have friends to hang out with sober as well! as a freshmen dont get caught up thinking everyone gets smashed every night thursday-sunday, because they dont