Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

Almost all students go to football games and tailgating beforehand is a big deal. BC is more of a hook-up school than a dating school. A majority of students drink heavily, but if you aren't interested in that then there are certainly many of other things to do and other people to hang out with. BC is very close to Boston which has millions of fun activities like the mfa, comedy shows, plays, movie theaters, clubs, bars, etc. There are not frats at BC.

The Bc scene revolves around athletics and partying. Students party to go to athletic events and then party after to celebrate. Athletics, however, creates a huge sense of community and pride amongst the BC student body. Unfortunately, due to the huge party scene, the dating culture at BC is nonexistent. Students get drunk and hook up, and occasionally it might turn into a friends with benefits thing, but it is very rare to find many couples at the school.

The sporting events are pretty popular, football is better attended than hockey or basketball. The fanbase is pretty weak for an ACC school. There are parties and a pretty good bar scene almost every night of the week, usually thursday to saturday though. There is no Greek Life. Since you are in Boston, there are a ton of non-alcohol related events for you to do, including concerts.

There is NO outdoor activity club at Boston College. After trying to start one for four years, I have come to accept that the administration just doesn't want one. They have denied it based on claims of insurance reasons, despite the numerous evidence presented by students about how positive an outdoor club is and how nearly all of the neighboring colleges have them.

Athletic events are very popular, theater not so much. The dating scene is very casual, and by and large doesn't really include many traditional dates. I met my closest friends through life in the dorms, parties, playing basketball at the plex, etc. People party a lot, but most are pretty in control of themselves.

UGBC is a popular organization for ppl to try out for but not many ppl make it. IM Sports are very popular and a lot of ppl participate. Also, retreats and community service trips are fun and most of the students at BC are active in at least one.

The community service clubs are most popular. Everyone is really encouraged to be involved in a lot of different things. There are tons of speakers and performances and there is always something to do.

BC offers a variety of community service opportunities, but you may have to apply, which can be frustrating. There is virtually no dating scene, you are either "hooking up" or "in a relationship."

There is no Greek life here at BC, but that does not mean people do not party. Students tend to bond during athletic events, and most clubs/organizations have a substantial memberships.

I love being involved at BC. Having more friends and more groups makes the college experience that much better. There are so many ways to get involved!