Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

College is only the beginning. Choose one that is affordable, will allow you to enjoy various extracurricular activities, and where the atmosphere feels right. It is not enough to want a prestigious or a brand name college, you must be able to handle the people and the environment that comes with it. Only then can you make the most of your college experience.

Find a college that when you walk onto the campus and look around, you just know that this is the place for you. It's like meeting a best friend. There may be things you don't like or could be better, but at the end of the day, the college you choose should be one where you can be yourself and will guide you as you become the person you are meant to be.

I have not started college yet but I hope that it will give me a better since of independence. I am legally blind so I do have some challenges that I face when I do start school and feel that it will be a great learning oppertunity for me. This will also be the first time that I will be living on my own so it is scary and exciting at the same time.

Finding the right college is a huge and difficult choice for anyone. The advice that I would give is to apply to a lot of schools because no school is a gurantee anymore. To find the right one, students and parents should look at all the school has to offer and make the wisest decision based on the entirety, not just academics or athletics.

I would tell myself to just be myself and not be worried about what other people think. You will find people that you really like and who really like you for the person you are. Don't be shy and put yourself out there, go outside your comfort zone. The most important thing is finding a balance between extra curriculars, school and friends.

Make sure to select an insitution that allows the student to feel at home and accepted. A setting that permits such rapid integration into the university community will better facilitate the transition to the increased mental rigor of college class and permit students to pursue their interests unecumbered by social issues.

Take responsibility for yourself, initiative is important. No one will make you go to class or do the work, the services you need to succeed will not come find you, internships and career options will not fall in your lap. Everything you need to be successful is there but you have to go get it yourself.

It is important not get too wrapped up in the prestige of the school, but to focus on what you really wants out of a college. If a small school in a small town is what you want, you will get a good education no matter what as long as you are happy and apply yourself.

To find the right college, pick the college that best suits the things you strive to complete in college, which doesn't have to be just academics or jobs. It could be finding a new self, enjoying your time in a different setting, different cities, etc.

Get as good grades as possible not just to get by because they do matter . It will help you get scholarships and succed at college an in the future By helping you learn the material better and being mentally and physically ready for college