Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

I can't really imagine a student who might feel out of place at Bowdoin - the lack of racial diversity at Bowdoin is made up for by the many different interests of Bowdoin students. I'm a Republican at Bowdoin, and even though the campus is definitely left-leaning, I've never felt awkwardly out of place.

Students wear whatever they feel like. Most of the time, I see students in sweat pants and t-shirts. LGBT are well supported on campus and there are plenty of ways to get involved in educating other students and community members. Students come from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds.

Students at Bowdoin come from all sorts of backgrounds, be it race, religion, etc. I think most people could be happy at Bowdoin, but students with a love of the outdoors would be particularly well suited to Bowdoin. That said, I know plenty of people who would rather die than go on a day hike.

The student body is diverse and widely talented. I am continually impressed by how many different things people do on campus. For the most part students care a lot about each other and are always looking out for each other. Students are not very competitive and usually open-minded.

We have a very diverse student body. Every race, sexuality, religion and social class is represented here. I don't think that there is a specific type of student who would feel out of place here. Most students are from "right outside of Boston" or somewhere along the East coast.

Bowdoin doesn't have a lot of racial diversity. People wear sweatpants and uggs to class. I suppose different types of students interact but people stick to their main groups mostly. upper middle class. yes, people are politically aware and mostly liberal. Not that I've heard.

Bowdoin is a preppy school. About half of the student body went to private school and many of them are from prep schools. Most students are from the New England area. There is not a whole lot of diversity up in small town Maine, so coming to Bowdoin as a minority may be difficult.

The student body is mostly composed of upper-middle class kids from the northeast, but with a growing population of kids from the south and west. There is significant diversity on the campus, and different groups mingle together and there is very little in the terms of cliques.

Here at Bowdoin, at least from my perspective, most people don't flaunt their financial backgrounds, though there is MUCH money...its a $43,000/yr school, what do you expect? People may wear some high couture, but don't outright say "I'm rich, envy me". Its pretty chillax.

getting more racial diversity all the time; administration seems committed to increasing racial diversity. a high percentage of wealthy suburban kids, but also a large amount of students on high amounts of financial aid. Everyone is from "20 min outside of Boston."