Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

If you're from the south, like I am, most people give you a blank stare after answering where you go to school. Either that, or they ask if Bowdoin is a community college. Do not be put off by their ignorance! Bowdoin happens to be far better than a community college.

For me the best thing about Bowdoin is the lifestyle it provides. The academic life is tough, but not impossible, and extremely interesting. The athletics are fantastic, with great facilities, and competitive teams. The social life is all that i wanted.

I think by and large most people are really happy at Bowdoin. The school is small enough that it caters to the students and there are lots of resources available, yet I still meet new people all the time. Bowdoin is also in a great town, Brunswick.

Bowdoin is a noticeably small school. Everybody seems to know everybody and news gets around campus pretty quickly. Brunswick is a great college town, though far from the city life that some college students seek. The food is excellent.

-Need more people with courage to speak their mind. Everyone is way too worried about being politically correct that people pretend to be open minded when in reality they just aren't willing to divolge their biases and stereotypes.

Best thing about Bowdoin? Probably academics and food. Worst thing about Bowdoin? the size—it's too damn small. In many respects—particularly social aspects of the school—it is like high school.

The faculty recently voted to end our credit/d/fail options on distribution requirements; this decision outraged many student. The student government is currently addressing the problem.

The students are all very friendly and willing to help each other out. It's a close knit community. Security and the deans are sometimes hypocritical with what they tell students

Academics are strong, students take the work seriously Kids are really ambitious and while there are some stereotypical jocks, most kids are really open-minded and friendly.

Bowdoin is small, so it's just the right size. I spend most of my time studying, rowing and going to concerts, parties, movies, eating dinner with friends, etc.