Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

Socially speaking Bowdoin is great on the weekend because the people are great on the weekend. That said, it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who can't do without a clubbing/bar nightlife. Portland does get some good music from time to time, though, and there's an incredible variety of cultural opportunities that come with being at a college that's as distinguished in the realm of academia as Bowdoin is.

Bowdoin student love Bowdoin. There's a lot of school spirit even the kids who complain alot show alot of spirit. The one thing I might change is the weather...whcih isnt really changebale but the beginning of winter semester can be pretty miserable. Also, at times the small student body size (which I really like for the class room setting) limits the amount of classes offered and also makes it hard to get into classes.

Bowdoin is definitely too small of a school in too small of a town. The school by virtue of its size causes drama and gossip to travel quickly which probably makes Bowdoin students more uptight than they would be in a larger more anonymous environment. On the other hand, the small size of the school it creates a good environment for finding a great group of close friends.

The great thing about Bowdoin is its size. Because its so small, every student is really involved in one or a few activitities on campus, and they work hard to take ownership of campus. Students challenge each other academically, and the intense environment pushes you to give your all to the school.

Pack animals are big here at Bowdoin. people tend to move in flocks from place to place here and individualism doesn't always work. It definitely gets better as people get older, but there are undeniable cliques.

The best thing about Bowdoin is the academic setting. It is a small, intimate academic environment that allows students to pursue a number of different paths.

Bowdoin is small and it is wonderful. The only thing I would change is the weather. Maine is not very friendly in the winter.

The best thing about Bowdoin are the open minded students and professors who willingly engage in a living-learning community.

The best thing about Bowdoin is that fact that I just spent twenty minutes trying to pick my favorite thing about my school.

Everyone wants to be here. Everyone cares about Bowdoin.