Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

The people. As a guy, I have met very few others who I dont like. Just right size. When I tell ppl. I go to Bowdoin, they're impressed. I spend most of my time on campus sailing (at the docks) or in the library, or drinking.College town. Bowdoin admin: indefference. Not a ton of school pride, but we all know that the kid sitting next to us is smarter than us. Unusual: not much.

The best about Bowdoin is the food (of course)! The college has a high school "feel" to it since the student body population is around 1600. I mostly spend my time in studying during the week and party hard during the weekend to make up for the stressful week. Bowdoin is right in the middle of everything in town. Everything is in walking distance.

The best thing at bowdoin is the combination of excellent academic and social opportunities. As a small school, students have easy access to faculty and to participating in their research, which is impossible at other larger colleges and universities. Bowdoin students are also an amazing bunch of people, and it's great to get to meet them all.

What I most like about bowdoin is the ability to do whatever I want. What I mean by this, is that each student is allowed to move freely from one activity to another without being judge or restricted by the adminstration. I know this sounds like all liberal arts schools, but I feel that bowdoin actually stands out in this category.

The small classes are an enormous advantage. My professors are more like friends than teachers; not only do they care about what you are learning academically, but also what you learn from and about life. The friendships that are built living closely with your classmates are strong and make it always enjoyable to be on campus.

I wanted to go to a small school and Bowdoin seems to be the perfect size - at this point. I'm worried that by the end of Senior year I'll be itching to get out of here and meet new people, but as of now, its so nice to be on a welcoming campus and see my friends mulitple times everyday on the pathways or dining hall.

At first I wanted a big school. But event though Bowdoin has a small campus, I am hardly ever off it. Students have a lot of work, and there is a great social life on campus (minus frats ands tuff). I spend most of my time all over campus: my room (which is a huge suite, that all first-years get, awesome stuff).

Bowdoin students are smart, well rounded, and have their priorities in order. They know when its time to shut the laptop and have a good time, but they make sure to get all their work down. The people are incredibly nice, and everyone has a good story to tell. Despite its small size, Bowdoin can seem huge.

I love the Student Center--its the perfect place to study for an Italian test or catch up on some Econ reading. I'm not a huge fan of the art center--it needs to be renovated. It is great space and great light, but it could use some refurbishment. Great town. Great hockey game ambiance.

If I could change one thing about Bowdoin College it would be its location. I love Maine and everything, but there are times when you feel secluded. I would like to pick up this college and drop it outside of Boston or NYC. It would make for a more interesting experience.