Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that it tends to lean only one way when it comes to politics. For instance, for this presidential election the school was almost entirely pro-Obama and it seemed that if you were not for Obama that you were an outcast in most public circles. Luckily among my friends this was not the case, but for some fraternities and sororities I noticed that it was. Also some of the Greek associated fraternities and sororites seem, at least to me, to be almost cult-like in nature.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the meal plan and the requirement to live on campus for two years. My school needs to offer more choices for amount of the meal plan. I cannot afford to spend so much money on overpriced food on campus. I would much rather have a smaller meal plan and have the rest of the money for food that I actually wan to buy. Also, living on campus is much more expensive than living off campus. I think it is unnecessary for every student to have to live on campus for two years.

The most frustrating thing about Bowling Green State University is the sidewalk routes. Many of the sidewalks force students to walk a little bit farther out of the way to travel along the paths. Students at BGSU have been known to create their own pathways to get to their destinations in a more timely fashion. Occasionally these paths are paved after the university fails to grow grass, but mostly they become muddy messes. The pathways are windings and pretty, but not overly helpful.

The most frusturating thing about Bowling Green State University is its inassessibility to many things without a car. I do not have a car on campus and so it is difficult to get to a mall, movie, off campus, bank, off campus grocery store, or a quick run to a local convienant store. Although they do offer a bus route it does not travel far beyond campus.

The most frustrating aspect of my school is the finances. I tend so tpend more time working scholarships than I do working on my classwork. I still find the time, though, for my academic workload, but its frustrating to struggle through multiple scholarships before I can even set the pen to the paper for my classwork I received earlier that day.

The thing that I found most frustrating was the rooming assignments, and how they only ask like 10 questions that are really basic and everyone probably answers the same way because they do not go into much detail! And then when you come to school you are paired with some who is a total opposite of you! That is what happened to me!

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is not getting the help I need from the finanical aide office. They seem to give the run around and often overcharge and add on extra fees. When you call them to dispute things they make you hold and wait forever. They do not seem to have the students best interest in mind.

The most frustrating thing about Bowling Green can be the dining hours on the weekends. Many places close early and many food items do not get restocked until Monday. Thus, one may have to travel someplace else on campus that does not close until later. Also, it can get really cold and windy during the winter time.

I believe that the requirements for financial aid are a little ridiculous. My parents make just enough money that I do not receive any financial aid. I have to help my parents pay for my education and therefore work while attending school which puts a lot of pressure on me to be able to pay for all that I do.

Have to have a meal plan and live on campus for the first two years, that can be frustrating, especially if money is tight. There's been a lot of construction lately which means change, but it's sort of annoying when trying to sleep at night and there are late night deliveries from loud trucks.