Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

Overall I love Bradley to death. I'm so happy with my decision to come here although as far as academics for my freshman year I wish I would have had a little better guidance and not taken on such a load. If there is one things to really complain about, its TAP. A.k.a. the Task Force. The task force are state police whose only joy in life is to screw you. They have certains dates that they notify the school that they will be in town but they also may show up randomly whenever they please. When you hear they're in town, the best choice is to hit up blockbuster and just stay in. Sometime they are undercover sometimes not. They look for parties or drive around and look for drunk drivers and I've also heard of them stopping kids on the street. They are looking for those underage drinkers. And if you've had but a sip, they will slap you with a $425 drinking ticket. Yea thanks. And even if you have not had a sip of anything alcoholic, but are in the presence as a minor, you do run the risk of a premicise ticket which I believe is somewhere in the 200's. I know they are out to protect us and are technically looking out for our best interests, but really, it's a little rediculous. The Bradley University police do a fine job of this. One other thing I would like to mention is safety. This year I have never felt threatened or unsafe while walking anywhere on campus or even across to campus town. Police are constantly patrolling on bike or in cars. Bradley also has the blue emergency poles which are easy to spot and i've seen them in action. The University police are quick to respond. Also with the new lighting project taking place, the lighting at night is way better than before which really makes me feel better about walking home late when it's dark from the library or a friends. In the begining of the year the freshman are given whistles in case of emergency, and I took the extra step and bought myself a pepper spray for my key chain. College was a big adjustment, but Peoria and Bradley are now my home.

I love Bradley. I had some problems Freshman year - questioning if I made the right choice about Bradley as opposed to a school closer to home. I've since learned that that's pretty typical thinking for Freshmans. Since then, I've come to love Bradley. It's an amazing school with great teachers and awesome academics. The only thing that bothers me about Bradley is its location - Peoria. I absolutely hate Peoria. It's a run down town with a downtown in which I don't feel safe.

It's an okay school. I'm not a very social person, I don't listen to top 40 music, and I don't drink, so I feel a little alienated, but I do still have friends within my major. If you really want a competative, ivy league, "classic" college experience, you won't find it here. But if you're just looking for a place to get your 4 years out that has a good reputation and a wonderful staff, you've found the place for you.

I transfered here from a school in Florida and I felt welcome the minute I stepped on campus for a tour. It's a great place to be and it's the best decision I've made so far.

IF YOU GO TO BRADLEY AND YOU DON'T DRINK, YOU WILL HAVE NO FRIENDS AND NO SEX! I just felt like saying that. There may be extenuating circumstances in my case though.

Students at Bradley tell us their 10 favorite things about Bradley - comedically.