Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

My freshman year, my floor was not chummy at all. The doors were always closed and I never really got to know anybody on my floor. I always hung out on the floor below mine and got to know all the guys on that floor pretty well. We are very proud of our basketball team and the games have great attendance...they are so fun to go to! Every semester, ACBU brings a big name to campus; this semester we had Jack's Mannequin. In the past, actgs have included Motion City Soundtrack, Black Eyed Peas, and others. Fraternities and Sororities make up about 30% of the student body....and while I am not Greek, every single one of my friends and my boyfriend are and they love it.

feels pretty safe in the dorms... doors left open if they are there... some ppl don't lock up, i've only heard of one theft incident... campus is small, and the greek system makes the dating scene pretty small... i am a GDI but i've been w/ frat guys and friends with sorority girls, and they all have dated each other... it's kinda gross... parties are OK... get busted fairly often... the bradley police are usually cool, but the task force is a ridiculous waste of tax money... off campus... downtown has bars, dance clubs... there's a nice park (laura bradley park), and when it snows there is a great hill to sled on behind it.

Their is not just one popular group on campus, everything is popular because everyone has different interests. Most all students leave their dorm room open unless they aren't there (of course!) but mostly everyone is friendly. The athletic events are CRAZY! Free tickets are given out at times even for the city's baseball team at the beginning of the school year and if something important is going on at the time. Every year there is a Block Party,Taste of Bradley,Activities Fair and numerous other events the beginning of the week to get acquainted with everyone and everything taking place on campus.

Social life can kinda of take over one's life if you are not well disciplined. Living on your own can be very exciting but you have to remember that you are at school for a reason. I always think of it as a job 5 days out of the week and the weekend i can relax a little but still find time for school work. At college, parties happen quit frequently, you have to remember what you are at school for and need to discipline yourself. But going to a party doesn't mean you have to drink. You can go there and drink water if you really want to, people respect others opinions and don't question them.

Greek life is very popular at bradley, it allows a chance to get involved and do fun things while meeting many new people. Even just going through recruitment you make new friends. Being in a fraternity/sorority you get to participate in social events, dances, intermurals, bonding activities, movie nights, philanthropy events and more. In the dorms everyone leaves their door open and you wander from room to room meeting new people. The R.A's really encourage socialization and plan activities for each floor to do together to get to know each other more.

Social Life is good on campus. Dorms Rooms are always open. Bradley provides students with many different options for activities. Many different groups are on campus. The Greek Life is one of the biggest things at Bradley. There are 14 male social fraternities and 7 female social sororities. Greek Life makes up 25-33% of the student body. Parties are typically pretty easy. There are some things to do in the area such as professional hockey and baseball games, as well as ice skating, bowling, mini golfing, and many other things.

Fraternities and sororities are not necessary to join in order to have a social life, but it definitely helps. it turns the volume up in every way. Parties, whether thrown by greeks or non-greeks, happen almost every weekend. You don't even have to know the right people - mostly you just have to know one person who can hook you up, which isn't hard to find. Another popular social event is going to Bradley basketball games downtown. They're cheap, and transportation is free.

Many students are Greek. Many are in their major's organization to help them with their careers. Many athletic events are sold out, so its always a blast to be with your fellow students to cheer on your school. Homecoming Week is a blast with a school-wide event each day. Movies, bowling, shopping, hanging out, playing games are all things that can be done on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking.

There is pretty much a group on campus for anything you could imagine. If what you're looking for isn't there, it's not unheard of for students to create new groups. I met my closest friends in the dorms and in groups that I'm involved in. People drink a lot on Bradley's campus because there's not a whole lot else to do.

The Greek system is huge at Bradley. About 30% of students are involved in the Greek system, which compared to a larger school would probably be about 10%. The Greeks run a majority of campus events, philanthropies, etc. They also are where most people go for a weekend social life (or weekday?)