Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

As a high school senior I wish I would have applied for more scholarships. I never realized the costs of an education. It was very important to me to continue my studies and so going to college was not a question. Bradley is a private university and an expensive one at that! Although money had no factor in my decision to attend Bradley, I am now struggling with payments that keep me in school. Although I wish I had done more research about financial aid, I am aiming for the future in hopes of graduating with a much lighter burden.

I wish I would have know to not be scared to move in and live on my own. College may seem frightening at first, but once you get the hang of it there are no worries in the world, well other than studying hard and getting good grades. I also wish I woud have know all the opportunities that I was going to get with starting college. One of these opportunities is making some new life long friends, starting a future in my career, and learning to be on my own. My best advice is to stay positive.

I wish I knew the fast pace of the classes and also the work load at Bradley University. My freshman year I struggled trying to balance my social life with school. After my third year I finally feel I understand the hardwork expectations. Today I work over 20 hours a week at Walgreens and up to 5 hours working for Bradley University, I also am involved in a fraterity and CEO club. I understand the work load and have been able to stablize my time management most effectively.

I wish I would have know that teachers at Bradley want to know what you learned out of their class and how do you plan on using that knowledge in the future instead of you acing every test and not memorizing everything. I wish I would have known about the limited scholarships here. Also how to join a club or even a sport and just get involved it makes the whole college experience much more exciting. I wish I would have known how to save my mealplan before I came to this school.

I am use to metropolitan areas, and as such, I was shocked when I went to Bradley. Everything is rather spread out like a suburb, so sometimes it feels more like a commuter school. Since I live several states away, I don't have the option to leave every weekend, so sometimes it gets difficult. I was not expecting it to be as open, and seperated from the city as it is, so that was the biggest surprise I faced when going to college.

Probably exactly how the tutoring system worked. I definitely could have used it my freshman year when I started with chemistry. Although we had heard about tutoring, it wasn't until I became a tutor myself that I really learned how they worked. The tutoring system has come to my aid more than one time when I was not struggling with a class necessarily, but trying to raise a grade from a B to an A.

I can honestly say that I didn't need to know anything before attending Bradley. I visited the school before enrolling & I even spoke with student that were attending the school. I liked what I saw and what I heard so I also chose to attend the university. Bradley is a really good school and as long as I work hard and stay on top of my work and classes, I won't have any problems.

What I wish I would have known before coming to Bradley University is that I wish I knew how to set up my schedule better for the first semester. I also I wish I would have known how to get around campus more and known the area of Peoria a little bit better. I also wish I would have known what professors were good professors and what professors were not that great.

I wish I had more of an idea of what I wanted to study because I changed my major three times since first enrolling. this caused me to take on so many credit hours per semester in order to catch up so I could graduate on time. But the professors and students I encountered are some the best I have ever known and I would not change meeting them.

What I wish I had known isn't a reflection on my university, but my own interests and future goals. I wish I had realized my wish to pursue a French minor from the very beginning. However, I guess that's one of the great things about being "forced" to take a variety of classes - you have the opportunity to grow and discover yourself.