Brevard College Top Questions

Sydney

Brevard, North Carolina is hands down one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The proximity of the mountains is what grabs the attention of most prosepective students, but if the mountains aren't number one on the students priority list then you just might have to travel to Asheville to go shopping or have a good meal at Chick-fila. Brevard College has its many perks but the worst thing about it is that it is a very small town lacking places to go on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Kasi

I've only been here for a month now, and the worst thing about the school may be that the libarary isn't open on Sundays until mid-afternoon. I find that one fact difficult, since I have a reading disability and need quiet to study; but I've found that the study rooms in the dorms are acceptable and when the weather permits, there are places outside. Otherwise, I've not found much I don't like.

Chelsea

Sometimes it does get boring when the town shuts down at like 7pm on weekdays and 9pm on weekends. The cost is probably the majority of student's problem. It is so expensive and not very many scholarships are handed out. I only have a soccer and academic scholarship, and their amounts only cover a small bit of the tuition.

There are not many bad things to say about Brevard College, but if I had to choose, I would say that even though it is a small school, they should offer summer classes. I know several students including myself that would benefit from being able to take classes in the summer and graduate sooner.