Briar Cliff University

« See more reviews of Briar Cliff University

As a senior, I indulged myself in leisure time and in procrastination. Today, I would see myself in my senior year and put an end to it. My study skills and time management could have been much sharper coming into college, had I been applying the necessary effort to my last year of high school. Looking back, I'd have to tell myself to stop slacking and strive for the excellence I wanted to achieve in college.

If i could go back in time to senior year i would tell myself acouple things. First i would tell myself to apply for more schoalrships so i wouldnt have to take out more loans like i had to. And also to be alittle more prepared for college life and to save money for when i get to college and not spend it all.

I would tell a high school student and their parents that there are many different oppourtunities out there. There will be pros and cons with every place that you choose to go. The students need to decide what things are more important to them and then find the place that has those qualities.

Don't underestimate the education you will recieve at a smaller, private school! There are many benefits of being in a small school with smaller class size and several caring instructors and offices that will help you through every aspect of your college life.

Take the time to visit the campus and visit a classroom. Ask questions about financial aid. Ask questions about community life. Talk to students. Eat on campus with some faculty members. Attend a game and watch the behavior of the current students.

Just pick a college that you feel home at. You are going to be away from your real home, so pick somewhere that you are confortable. Be involved.