Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Students at BYU-Hawai'i are, to say it in a word, diverse. Walking around campus you hear a variety of different languages spoken: Chinese, Samoan, French, Japanese, and African are amongst the many languages you will hear on campus. Do not be alarmed! This is normal. The town of Laie translates to "the Gathering Place", and BYU-Hawaii embodies that title. With students coming from over 70 different countries, this small town University is literally a Gathering Place of the world. Where better to go to school and learn about the world than with this culturally immersive experience?

My fellow classmates at BYU Hawaii come from a diversity of cultures and countries. They each bring a unique perspective to the education program and classroom participation. Many of the international students think so differently than I do. They ask questions in class from vantage points I never thought of. Because of this great diversity, I'm learning new things from people all around the world. Many of the students are bilingual with English as their second language. These students work incredibly hard. I truly respect them.

My classmates come from all over the world. They often speak their native languages and invite others to participate in activities from where they come from. Everyone I have met here have been very kind and hospitable. We are the type of people who work hard during the week and party on the beach whenever the sun comes out. I feel like I can trust the students here. My experiences with them have always been very positive. They are just as ready to help as they are to hang out. I love these people.

My classmates are a group of cultural diverse people. Though we all come from different backgrounds, we attend BYU-Hawaii with the same goal and expectation: to live up to exceptional standards. My classmates agree to the same honor code as I do. The majority of us come together to learn in a school where everyone is expected to live the same values. I love being surrounded with a group of people that are striving to live up to their potential and reach their goals in their educational persuit.

Even though most of my accounting classmates have had hard times in understanding all the accounting concepts that they are taught in the class, they study enthusiastically because they believe that they can be good accountants when they study hard, and their good examples have catalized me to study harder and have helped me remember that I have to do my best to be the one that I want to be, even a great man of business.

Brigham Young University - Hawaii is home to students in over 79 different countries; we are the nations most diverse group of men and women seeking a higher education, gaining knowledge in order to serve more fully. My classmates in this university are intelligent, goal-oriented and dedicated students, maintaining their cultural identity and sharing their customs with their fellow-students.

My class is EIL, English as an International Language. Most of my classmates are Japanese. They are very nise persons. They study hard every day so we can work hard together. And I have two Mongolian classmates. I am good friends with them. We have to speak English to communicate, so I can study English while enjoying chatting. I enjoy my school life thanks to them.

There are so many different kinds of people. From all different kinds of backgrounds. I love the diversity because I love learning about new people and new places. It's a wonderful way to be so connected to the world and it's people. We're all so similar and have so many hopes and dreams the same. It's great to work together and help one another succeed.

Students at Brigham Young University Hawaii come from countries all over the world. Everyone is friendly and enjoys experiencing the cultures of their classmates. Although we come from extremely different backgrounds we live together happily and peacefully because we have common standards and beliefs. Students at this school are of the highest caliber.

Students here are very respectful and well spoken. They value the education they are given and as a whole, work very dilligently to complete taskts. The various mixes of cultures makes the campus a very special place and allows for us to further our knowledge outside of the classroom, simply by making friends.