Brown University Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

King

Academic freedom, reputation, and location.

It offered among the best if not the best academics of all my options, and I also found its educational philosophy of encouraging self-directed education via total academic freedom to be totally in touch with what I was looking for. Every single student I met was interested in something new, but was just as kind and interested in others as every other student I'd met. It was about the size of a school I was looking for, not so big you feel lost or unnoticed, not so small you feel limited in any way.

B

In the end, it came down to either Brown or a big well-known school in my state. I visited Brown and researched it and decided that it was a better fit for my personality and interests. I also wanted to experience living in a different part of the country, so the distance was a plus for me.

I loved the liberalness and it seemed like I would get along with all the people. The school had my type of learning style and all of the students were so engaged.

Open curriculum, diverse students, opportunities, political leaning (I came from a very conservative high school)

It wasn't my first choice but......good balance between academics and social life

getting into your first choice

love/hate/love relationship with the school.....

brown's unique curriculum is the school's greatest asset

Francesca explains why she picked brown over berkeley