Aptos, CA
Cabrillo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cabrillo College

Dominique

Anyone who is wanting to begin their college education but aren't ready to go to a 4-year or cannot afford a 4-year.

The thing that I brag about most when telling people about my school is the fact that it is 10-15 minutes from the beach and that on some second flours of the campus' buildings you can see the ocean.

Alicia

They are eager to learn and ask a lot of questions. They have a good relatinship with professor's and are easy to talk to. They are nice and will lend you their notes if you ask them. Also, when working with them in groups they are very insightful and great to work with.

If I could travel back in time and give my former high school senior self-advice, I would tell her to be brave and apply to prestigious schools. As a high school student I had no confidence in my abilities and thought I was not smart or talented enough to go to Harvard or Stanford. However, now that I have been attending college for three years I have learned that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I almost have a perfect grade point average and have rigorously applied myself to my studies. I would tell myself to have courage and believe in my capabilities. By not believing in myself, I lost a lot of opportunities and I deeply regret that. I would tell my past self to apply to all the universities of my dream. I would tell myself that only I can place limits on my future and that once I realize this I can accomplish any goal I want to. The best advice I would tell my past self is to dream big and not settle for any less than she deserves. Do not take the easy route, challenge yourself. You can do it!

My school is very diverse and a lot of people of different ages, socioeconomic backgrounds and ethnicities are enrolled. It is a great place because the classrooms are not very large and thus you can get a lot of attenion from the insrcutors. Also, the teachers really care about the students and are very intelligent. The school is not very expensive and provides a lot of financial aid.

Johan

Cabrillo College is a very unique school because the teachers are excelent and the class sizes are small so you will be able to get more time to talk to teachers one on one. I would also say that it is a very clean and safe enviorment. Everybody is freindly, espesially the staff of Cabrillo College. What i think is also unique about Cabrillo College is that it is less expensive than going to a University. It is good for me because i come from a low income family so its hard to pay for my schooling.

My college experience has been great. I have met new people and have become friends with them. I have also learned new skills and i put them to use in my community. I know that anything can be accomplished if you try. That is what i am currently doing. I can now be an independent person and tell myself that i can do it on my own. Overall my college experience has been awesome!. What i value from attending college is that it really means a lot to me because i am making my parents very proud. I am the second one in the family to ever attend and be one step closer to graduating from college. I am getting all of the education i need to be successful in my life. Hearing my name being called at the ceremony is something that i am wating for. So these are my reasons for why i value attending college.

Well first of all i tell them that my school is more affordable than any University. I also tell them that it is in a a very convinient location, which is only 15 minutes away from where i live. Plus it is close to the beach and a shopping center. I also brag about how i can ride my bike to school and save money. The last thing would have to be that i tell my freinds that i have my family close by.

Paul

My class mates are recent high school graduates that are pursuing a higher education. Most of them are local kids that felt like saving money at a Junior College first before they decided which university they wanted to attend.

If i could go back and tell myself one thing i would tell myelf to do hard things. Put my self in uncomfortable situations becasue that is the only way that a person grows. When they are faced with a challenge they cannot do anythign but face it head on. I recently moved to Santa Cruz and have been living here and barely making it by. I am doing thigns that most 19 year old kids would never dream of doing, but i put myself in this situation so i could grow and mature as a person. Through living on my own for my first two years of college, it has developed my character and given me a drive to succeed, because if I don't I will have to move back home and be miserable. I would tell myself to constantly challenge myself and don't be scared to go into a situation with faith and know that by pushing myself I will only grow.

The diverstiy of the school is unlike any other palce that i have been. You walk on campus and see all different ethnicities, styles, backgrounds, and current lifestyles of students. When you go onto the campus it is very rare that you see two people wearing the same clothes or dress the same, everyone is an individual, not a carbon copy like some other schools.

I just transfered here from fresno city college but I have heard they have a good drama program and Ocean ecology courses.

This question is huge to me; I of course was the slacker in high school who believed education was a lame institution for those forced into the system. ?Why would you want to spend every moment with your face in a book reading about life when you could be out in the world living it.? that was generally my outlook. The normal rebellious teenager that new everything and some, than while I was searching for the perfect formal dress my junior year of high school I found out I was pregnant. While trying to process the enormous amount of change my life was about to take on I visualized myself living on welfare, uneducated with no focus or path in life. So note to my past self, education is everything, challenge your self and prepare yourself for the real world. In the sheltered halls of high school allow your self to succeeded, failure may occur but once you beat it and prepare your self for success and defeat your ready to embark on the biggest journey to invest into your future. Amanda Travers :)

Cabrillo is a very open and welcoming school with many opportunities the only student I may not recommend is possibly some one in the field of law but I am not a counselor so I would not have as much insight as they would.

I would tell my self that college life isn't easy and that all the hard work that i put in at high school will deffinetly pay off in the long run. Studying isn't easy and I need to now what my techniques are and how to use them when I enter college. People help me discover them in high school so I can use them out in the college world. I wasn't a student who missed any classes at all, I liked going to class, but i would say it's ealy not just to go to class and if I miss class or come in late, it's my own fault and nobody would care. It's called responcibility. People try so hard to get in the class your in and its like a battle field out there to get the classes you want. so if i don't keep up its too bad for me. There's a lot of stuff that I have learned in college, the main word I would say to myself is take responsibility.

Carly

My classmates are representative of the human race in every way: color, interests, dispositions, aspirations.

I've made every mistake and also made all the right moves in my college career. If I could tell the next generation of college-goers something to change the course of their life, I would say to them: take your time, decide if you're doing what you want to do at every moment of every day, and everything, everything will fall into place as it should. You can do anything you want; all anything takes is a little planning and good, hard work.

Trying to balance working around people who don't work, pay for, or care about college and people who work hard in school and in life.

Lihi

Most students that attend Cabrillo College are not as motivated as preferred. Many of them attend Cabrillo as their back up plan for their education.

I would tell myself that I should be very sure about my college decision, and if I were not, I would tell myself to travel and experience different cultures, which would broaden my view of the world and assist in my growth and choosing of my path.

I believe someone should be a motivated student to transfer out of Cabrillo's institution in order to succeed.

Jonathan

Cabrillo College is a small community college that offers a wide range of classes for general eduaction or personal enjoyment through a well thought out curriculum.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the only advice I would give my younger self is to stay the course. By staying the course I would imply to my younger self to follow his own path and don't allow friends to interfer with his decisions. Simply put, if my friend is going to that college, I shouldn't go to that college just because my friend is. You have to follow your own path, which I did. I am happy with the decissions I have made since I graduated high school. I was unclear on my major and where I wanted to go when I was a senior, so I went to a community college. I don't regreat going there because I am almost done with my general education and I now know what i want to major in because of classes I have taken from Cabrillo College.

What I brag most about when I'm with my friends is the fact that class size is small, so you recieve all the attention you need. The professors are well educated, friendly, and enjoy teaching. Plus, if you are having difficulty with your work, your professors have office hours to help you. The campus is small so theres always a chance of running into some friends on your way to class.

whitney

To make it a goal for me; to make sure I recieve nothing lower than a B. Also not to worry about anything else besides my school because in the end thats all that matters is education.

How I got the best teachers, and if I recieved a A in my classes.

There Is nothing that frustrates me about my school, I love it!

Cabrillo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.