California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

Unfortunately, all colleges are not perfect! Many students will have accumulated a pros and cons list about the school(s) they have attended throughout their college life, and I will confess, student parking is on the top of my cons list for Chaffey College. Every student has to pay to park in the parking lot of Chaffey College, but the parking pass does not guarantee a spot! In the beginning of each semester, parking lots are congested with cars and students anticipating when the next available space will open up. Arriving early to school is essential to find parking!

The worst aspect of CBU would be the expensive tuition of 38 thousand dollars a year-about 18-19 thousand a semester. It has been diffficult to find money to attend CBU because two of their most commonly given scholarships are for pastor's kin and students who have a sibling attending the school at the same time as them. I am neither of these. I am not in a sport, choir, or drama either which are also very common ways of earning money.

The worst thing about California Baptist University is probably even though we are a Christian university and all of our rules/policies are backed up with biblical foundations, the student population does not mirror it at all. We are a very diverse university in religion and culture which makes it difficult since people who don't want to follow the biblical foundations are lowering the standards by not abiding by them.

I would consider the biggest issue on my campus to be the lack of diversity within the student body. An increase in diversity, whether it be ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, or gender identification, an exposure to this diversification can lead to a more well-rounded and accepting individual. Which is sadly lacking on our campus; fortunately though, Milwaukee itself does not lack in diversity at all.

The worst thing I would consider to be about California Baptist University is the tuition and fees. I am sure that is the worse thing about most colleges today. It is a little expensive, especially if you're staying on campus. However, I must say I am still proud to be attending. If you spend wisely, learn how to manage your finances, and possible get a few loans/scholarships, you will be just fine!

The worst thing ties in to the best thing of the events. Because while there are a ton of them if you commute to school rather than live on campus it is nearly impossible to know when any of these events are going on. You have to seriously listen and search for the times things are happening and most of the events are later at night which makes it quite difficult to attend.

Personally, while although not the worst but a drawback is the environment for commuters. I can't afford to live on campus which takes away from the college experience as a whole. I would love to be more involved and spend more time, but in reality it's just not possible. There are numerous activities for students living on campus but much less for commuters.

The worst thing about my school is the cost in tuition, because not everyone can afford to pay the expenses. I know people who are not eligible for financial aid, so they have to pull out loans in order to pay for tuition. There are also those who get financial aid aand scholarships, but it is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and expenses.

The worst thing about this school is the wifi. I know it's petty, but when you're working with a time restriction and the internet connection is being incredibly slow it can get you quite flustered. CBU is an expensive school to attend, and because of this they should make the wifi fast and easily accesible throughout the entire campus.

The worst thing about my school would be all the restrictions. I feel like it is a highschool at times. We have a dress code and we can only have three absences or we lost credit, in high school I had nine absences before the lost of credit. I feel like it isn't preparing me for life after college, that we were very sheltered here.