California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

My school is very focused on hands-on learning. Our university's philosophy is "learning by doing", so there is great emphasis placed on interactive learning and participation. Very few classes are only taught in the lecture style. The professors are very knowledgeable about the subjects they teach and are also very helpful when it comes to students' questions. Many professors also assist students when it comes to job placement. Many of the employers in the surrounding area look to hire fresh graduates from my university every year, because we continually produce graduates ready for the workplace.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about school before. Even though the academics are very competitive and due to being on the quarter system, there needs to be a lot of focus on school work, there is still a lot of involvement on campus. There is a lot of effort by the school to get students involved and keep things fun! So many activities on campus and the staff is very easily approachable. There are also a lot of opportunities to study and spend time on campus without being too horribly bored. It's fantastic.

I talk about how accredited this college is and how lucky I am to be accepted into this program. The fact that the program I am in has a mandatory internship where the school places you with one of the major music lables in L.A. was the main reason I applied for this schol and the percentage rate of students that get hired on through the internship is very high. It also offers over 200 clubs you can join to keep you engaged and excited. There is also free healthcare and counseling that we recieve as students.

When I explain why Cal Poly Pomona is the best, I simply tell them first about the clubs that I am on e-board for and all the events that happen; but the main reason is always because I am part of the Chi Omega Fraternity. Not every girl can say that she is part of a sorority who not only helps Make-A-Wish, has the best community and volunteer services, and gets along with all other Greeks, but has been a better person because of her involvement with all these great women, that she can call her sisters.

What I brag about the most is the beautiful scenery the campus is located on. I also like to brag about all the beutiful creatures that I get to enjoying viewing when I am arriving or leaving the campus. On campus we have horses, pigs, cows, goats, ducks, and a little pond filled with fish and turtles. The reason why I like to brag about this is because not alot of other schools offer this. Lastly, I like to brag about our rose garden, I enjoy studying in the rose garden, its a quiet peaceful place.

When I talk about Cal Poly to friends I tell them what an amazing campus it is. Not only is the campus beautiful, but you really feel at home when you are there. Although it is a very large school, you make great connections with people that have your same major. The professors in your major are more than willing to help you and are there if you have any questions. I had such a wonderful experience and have been blessed at Cal Poly, I can only wish my friends can have an experience like mine.

Really the only thing that I talk about with my friends in regards to my school is about being in a Fraternity and how if I wasn't in the Fraternity I would have probably left by now to go to a college that has higher emphasis placed on the social aspect of college. The Fraternity is the single greatest thing that I have found from being enrolled at Cal Poly.

I feel like I'm surrounded by nerds (in a good way). Whenever I have some sort of technical problem I feel like any one of the students around me could help to anser my questions. I'm proud that my school also provides free tutoring services to all students from any major. And the tutors are the "nerds" who can help you out with any question you have.

Probably the best parts about the school to me are the animals near by along with the view. Its beautiful. One can see horses and cows in the back of the school, and in the winter, when the mountains gain the very little snow they recieve, you can see the mountain tops with the ice . To me its a gorgeous sight and I could watch it for days.

When I tell friends about my school, I tell them about the SU motto Scholarship in Action, which blends theory and practice giving students extremely valuable experience. My undergrad, Cal Poly Pomona, enforced the same value and it is beneficial for students to practice their studies from books and in practice.