California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

The best thing about Cal Poly Pomona is the great professors they have in the Apparel Merchandising and Management department. Each and everyone are very knowledgable and are willing to help their students as much as they can. The professors are well educated and offer their students great job opportunties not only through the school but also ones they know of personally. Professors in the Apparel Merchandising and Management department are always thinking about the students and what is best for the students. They constantly have meetings that each student can attend several times a quarter.

The three best things about my school are the quality of education, affordability, and the unique location. I attend a Polytechnic school, which ensures a "hands-on" approach to learning with small class sizes. Since I go to a California State University, my tuition is affordable compared to other 4-year universities. Lastly, my campus is located close to a metropolitan city, as well as recreational activities like Southern California amusement parks, beaches, and mountain ski resorts. I feel like I am able to get the most out of my college education because of these three unique assets.

The best thing about Cal Poly Pomona is how diverse it is and not only in terms of students and faculty who attend this college, but how great each major is. Unlike some universities that really only specialize in a few majors, Cal Poly specializes in many- Agriculture, Biological Sciences, Engineering, and Hotel and Restaurant Management just to name a few. I think that Cal Poly is so unique in this way. Even though Cal Poly itself isn't really a cohesive community since it is a commuter school, it's obvious that the people within colleges are very cohesive.

The professors are the best thing about the school. Cal Poly's motto is learn by doing, which is reflected in the lab courses offered in science and engineering majors, and the required senior projects in most, if not all, of the majors. These types of learning activities would not be successful were it not for the dedicated and knowledgable faculty. Most of the professors in the physics department strive to see their students succeed and are willing to lend a helping hand and some ideas in order to see them through.

Most of our classes are around 30 students. It make it easier for the professor to answer the students' questions and keep them engaged. Being able to sit close to the professor helps you to keep focussed because he can see you and remembers you. It gives you a reason to go to class, your professor knows when your not there. It also helps to build relationships with your classmates. Studying with peers makes a world of difference. I know from experience of group studying compared to when I do not group study.

The "learn by doing" philosophy and ideology on this campus makes it easier for me to learn considering I need classes to be hands on to achieve. They have a bunch of programs for the students depending on their major. An example is I am a pre-vet major and I have had the opportunity to live at the Arabian Horse Center on campus and work with the horses, Ride for our horse show team (we went to nationals and competed against USC and Yale), and take part in research that happens at the Equine Research Center.

An incident occurred with my roommate earlier in the year which the administration chose to dismiss, despite multiple housing and university policies citing a "zero tolerance policy" for the sorts of behavior I endured. This sorely damaged my respect for the university. I know this incident does not reflect the entire integrity of the school (indeed there have been many other more pleasant experiences I have had here), but it has cast a bitter shadow on the pride I originally took in my school.

The best thing about my school would be the amazing community of staff and students that help build your successfull future. There is such a great diverse background that everyone has something unique to offer to each other. It is an experience that cannot be weighed by money or time, it can be just felt within. I have learned not only textbook material well, but also have had great practical implementation with hands on projects, especially following our college mission of "learn by doing."

The best aspect of this school is the fact that it is a hands on school. Here, students are very focused in their classes and their future. Many students are encouraged to work in groups which is indicated by the many group rooms we have in the library. Our library has the best study rooms and computer lab. On the first floor there is also a starbucks in which students can enjoy while connecting to the internet on the wifi internet access available.

I consider the environment best about Cal Poly Pomona. There are several gardens, agricultural land plots and areas with animals. Where ever you go, there is always something new to see, even if you've been there a year or two. As well, the community is best. The teachers there are all nice and care for the students, producing a stronger teacher-student bond.