California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

The best thing about my school is definitely the diversity of the student body. I love being able to turn around and see a student of a different ethnicity each time. There is no possible stereotyping of my school based on a majority of the campus being occupied by a single ethnicity, because the diversity is so great that there is no majority.

The fact that it is a Polytechnic University emphasizes the fact that it focuses on learning by doing, which I feel to be very important especially in today's work force. You will be a better asset to the workplace if you already have some practice in the field and you will be able to be more effective in what you do sooner that way.

The moto is "We Learn By Doing", which signifies exactly what kind of philosophy Cal Poly Pomona has. Classes don't just consist of lectures, but more interactive studies such as group projects, speeches, case studies, and powerpoint presentations. This way of learning helps to improve skills for future career aspirations.

The best thing about Cal Poly Pomona is the atmosphere of the campus. Even when there is a lot going on, it is still peaceful and relaxing. From a club fair in the student center to job fair in the quad to a rally during our University hour there is always something going on for anyone if they want to take the opportunity.

The faculty and campus services are definitely the best things at my school. As I have mentioned in the previous question, the professors are very willing to help you succeed. There are also so many activities to get involved in on campus and there is a unity and spirit in the school that I find incredible.

There are various options to major in. The school is very understanding when someone changes their minds about what they want to do in life. Academic advisors are always there for you when you need help planning your next move on your academic plan or giving advice on whether you should switch majors.

There are plenty of resources, clubs, and professors to talk to. But the best thing that I love about Cal Poly is that it is a "hands on" type of school. Our philosophy is "learn by doing," and I think that is the best way to learn, and be able to apply that to our job.

I consider the best thing about my school is the diversity. There are so many different people coming from all kinds of backgrounds, so most people are really open-minded towards one another. By meeting so many people, I was able to learn a lot about different cultures.

Cal Poly Pomana has a very diverse and mixed student body, as a result, there are many clubs and student organizations available. In a sense you are able to learn about different cultures on campus as well as meet different types of people.

My participation on the Mock Trial Team. I participated in Mock Trial in High School, but I have not done anything like that since 1983. I enjoy the competitiveness of the atmosphere, and the coach is very helpful and I am learning a ton.