California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

There is a well developed diversity among students on my campus. Here at Long Beach State, there is no majority race but rather, a melting-pot consisting of various differing students from different racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. I believe that this strong sense of diversity is a stepping stone for closeness among students of all different backgrounds. I feel that my fellow peers accept each other with an open-mind and judgement free because of the multitude of differences among us. Because we are all so diverse, the one thing that instantly brings us closer is our school pride!

CSULB is a great university that open many door and opportunities to the numerous students attending our school. First of all, they offer a nice Recreation Center opened to all students. Another unique characteristic about our school is we have one of the largest computer labs in the state of California which gives each student the chance to have access to a computer, if needed. Our school also provides various programs and clubs for which students can seek for assistance and guidance. Students can take advantage of several free tutoring such as the writer's resource lab.

Just as I said earlier, it is the the mixture of passionate people, and their cultural values that makes my school unique. It is not only the students, but the professors, doctors, and staff that develop these traits. One of the most briliant Anthropologist and my first professor, Dr. Oguri, helped me develop a love for my culture, as well as my fellow classmates. Using Anthropology as a tool, Dr. Oguri advised me to visit different towns like Korea Town. Today, I appreciate a vast range of culture, and religions. I thank my professors and school for that oppritunity.

Compared to other schools I considered attending, CSULB has many professors who are willing to help students finish their college education at the whatever cost. I have never met professors who are willing to go overtime without getting paid to give study sessions and help students improve their essays in one on one meetings. Professors at CSULB are amazing at doing what they do and even though the budget cuts have reduced class time but increased tuition fees, professors are giving their 120% to make sure students recieve the education we are paying for.

I was deciding between Irvine and Long Beach. I knew that it was possible to commute from home to Long Beach everyday, but not Irvine. I ultimately decided to commute . CSULB is different than other universities because the tuition is not way too expensive($2300). Long Beach is the second largest university. Most of my class sizes were small as compared to classes of other school. What surprised me was the fact that the professors care about the students. Most of them tried to teach the best way they can and they cared about the attendance of students.

To begin, Long Beach State, unlike my other choices from all across this state, has many unique aesthetic properties such as a pyramid, 2 water towers, and a bell tower with no bell (speakers). Visuals aside, this campus was the perfect distance from home that it has allowed me to grow and learn as an individual on my own, but also close enough that in the case I do need something, I have the option of returning home. This campus also has incredible surroundings such as the beach, downtown, and many popular attractions.

Long Beach is an entirely unique city in itself. I originally was upset I came here because I had my hopes set on another school, but now I realize that this is the best place for me to be. Long Beach is a rare melting pot of people from all over the world, filled with different cultures and perspectives. It's incredible the people here, and the students at my school truly reflect this notion. Their artistic endeavors inspire me on a daily basis, and I couldn't be happier I go here.

It is very much a comuter school which makes it much more different from the school i originally wanted to attend. I liked the idea of having smaller lectures with about 100 or less students in it, I also liked that several classes included discusions which helped with studying. The deciding factor for my family and I when it came to picking this campus was the location ( a mile from home) and the tuition fee. It was affordable for my family compared to my school of choice.

The Unique thing about Cal State Long Beach is that, the faculty and services are sure to help a student the best way they can. Student's as well are most likely to help another student. Furthermore, Cal State's academic approach towards classes, focuses more on small group learning, which has alot of benefits towards other student's who are incapable of learning with bigger groups of students, and at the same time recieve the quality one on one help with the instructor.

Long Beach State is extremely welcoming and friendly to new students and old students. My nervous energy was quickly repelled when i went to orientation and was greeted numerous times by upper classmen. I take pride in my school as do most of the students and faculty which provides a fun environment to socialize and learn. The intramural sports programs and clubs are very well put together which has made my college experience a thousand times better! I love my school!