California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

The worst thing about this school was parking. It would take me about an hour to find parking. Then, all my classes were on the other side of campus, which would take about 15-20 minute power walk. The school did provide shuttles for students but it didn't make any difference in the time.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of money. Students are paying more for tuition and getting less class time. Teachers are required to take atleast 6 days out of the semester off with no pay, thus students are getting reduced class time. In addition there are fewer classes given.

Students who attend CSULB face a difficult challenge with finding jobs on campus. Students face this challenge because most jobs are offered to students who are a part of the federal work-study program. A majority of students do not have federal work-study and cannot find jobs on campus.

The Cal State system received the lowest funding from the state after the UC and community college system. The 30 or so CSU campuses had to split this funding. No matter how on track students tried to be, it was hard to get out of school in 4 years due to classes being unavailable.

the worst thing about my school is that there is always issues with parking and the tuition fees. the school is extremely big so you need to make your schedule carefully to make it in time to your classes. those are the only two things that i do not like about my school.

The worst thing about the school is that theres no parking close enough to the classroom buildings, you have to walk about 10 minutes to get from parking to class. After 6pm youre allowed to park in teachers parking lot which is almost inside your classroom :)

The worst thing about my college is the numerous amount of students. This alone makes aquiring a class and seeing your counselor moreso challenging. Nevertheless, this can eased by making an appointment with your counselor and registering for classes early.

I would not be the greatest critique because I am transferring into CSULB and have not had the full experience. Based on the visits and what I ahve seen is the fact that the campus is so big you might want to pick up a scooter or a skateboard to wheel around.

The worst thing would have to be that it is a commuter school. I would like more students on campus hanging out or grabbing a bite to eat on nights and weekends. I think on a Greek row and closer apartment style housing near the school would help with this.

The atmosphere which inculdes the unmotivated student body and the suburban location of the school. It is a collection of commuters that are not connected to the school or community making the experience feel only one step above a high school.