California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

CSULB is a great school where academics is highly praised. People who will not take the opportunities given and those who will abuse the freedom of college shouldn't attend CSULB. To add, those who will not go to their classes shouldn't attend CSULB because classes are really important and space is really limited. People who know what they are doing should have first priority, and people who waste space really delays many students academic plans. CSULB, nevertheless college, is a work place and should always have a serious tone to its work.

Someone not willing to do the work- trust me, I learned this the hard way. The work loads aren't impossible- but they DO ask a commitment from you. Homework every evening, long-term projects and essays- if you're not good with time management (like me), take the time to learn and get good at it. Or you'll be overwhelmed and suffer for it. You have to be willing to listen to opposing ideas and balance sticking to your principles with being courteous. There's lots of different people here, so you have to get used to that.

This university is not for the people who aren't willing to put in the extra effort into organization and work. When you decide to not go to class for a month your going to fail regardless how well you did on the exam. People who aren't sure about the field they want to major in are at a loss. If you have no idea what field you want to go into you might make the mistake of starting one major and getting set back a year or two once you find your true passion in another field.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person who does not have the determination and motivation to do well in school. A person who attends this school should have goals such as achieving good grades in order for them to be successful in their future. The person should want to socialize with other people and get involved with the school's activities. If a person is lazy and careless about failing in school then they should not attend.

I don't believe that there should be a type of person that shouldn't attend this school. Cal State Long Beach is very diverse in all aspects, and therefore, we accept anyone and everyone. The school has equal amounts of education and fun (with priorities on education, of course). So I guess, if I had to choose a type of person, it would be a person who would not take college as a serious part of their lives.

I belive that people that do not want to pursue their education should attend this school. The reason for this is because if they get accepted to this school and just fool around; they are taking someone's opportunity away. If people attend this school because they are obligated to do so, and are not putting any effort, it is a waste of time for them.

The kind of person who should NOT attend this school is a shy, introverted person who does not do well in crowds and is afraid to speak up for himself or herself. You definitely need to be able to stand out at this school because there are so many students, on the campus overall, and in the classrooms. If you are too quiet, you will not succeed.

If you are very study-oriented and looking for well equipped libraries, maybe this isn't the best choice of school. People who are more conservative or liberal would be hard to attend because everyone is pretty moderate in their views. Also if you're picky about going green or eating lots of healthy food, this might not be the best choice either.

No one who needs to be told what to do should attend this university. There are a lot of hoops one must jump through to get the right help with planning and schedling, especially as a freshman. My first semester here i had to speak with four different adviors to even take a single course in my major, as they lock freshmen out of self enrollment.

This is a very large school, so perhaps the kind of person who doesn't like to walk from one side of the campus to the other. Also the kind of person who does not like to see other religions/sexual orientations/political stances/ethnicity other than his or her own being celebrated.