California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

I feel like there is always something going on at Sac State. Almost every day there is another concert to watch the next hit band, another show to listen to a popular comedian or another showcase for different art projects by students and/or famous artists. Unfortunately, athletic events really are not a big thing here at Sac State. But there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud as the saying goes, and that silver lining is that Sac State is located in Sacramento. And if you can't find something fun to do in California's capital city then where can you find it?

I am a proud brother of Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity incorporated. I love my fraternity and my brothers to me they are my college life. We have three principles which are academic excellence, community service, and the maintenance of the Latino Culture through brotherhood. To me Fraternities are very important because they help students like me who move Sacramento to attend Sac State and dont know anybody. I can honestly say I would not be the leader I am now without being a member of Gamma Zeta Alpha.

People here love to party, but it in't rampant like some places. It all depends on the people who hang around. Within the greek system, of course it happens. But there is plenty to do in Sac besides have a house party. Dowtown has a great bar/club scene if you know where to look. Also, the Sac music scene is blowning up like a nuke lately...again, if you know where to look. If you're into the rock/hardcore/screamo scene, almost every tour worth seeing comes to Sac.

Nobody goes to the sports games here. Everyone hates the football team because they suck. It's nice to watch a volleyball game every now and then. But, overall, athletic events are kind of ignored.

The social life is pretty much house parties until you're old enough to go to the bars. And once you're 21, be sure to check out all the great bars downtown.

Sac State students do not party often enough! I think students do drink a lot but they are smart about not drinking once finals come around.

I met my closest friends here in Sac through my classes. It's fun knowing different talented people that appreciate art like I do.