Cape Cod Community College Top Questions

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself I made the right choice. In my senior year I chose to go to a community college instead of a university because I wasn't 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} positive in what I wanted to do with my life. After the first month at Cape Cod Community College my mom was diagnosed with stage three ovarian cancer so I then had to balance being a full time student and a full time caregiver driving her the 90 miles to her doctors multiple times a week. Every one of my professors helped me complete my work and extended deadlines for me so I could pass and still take care of my mom. I would have failed out of school anywhere else. Everyone at CCCC was there to help see me complete everything I wanted to do. They also were the ones to help me realize what I wanted to do with my life and they are helping me transfer to a different school to get my next degree in Radiologic Technology.

melissa

I would have taken a year off to really find out what i was passionate about. I spent a lot of time in classes i didnt neccessarily need to take. If i could go back i would have switched into the business transfer program my first semester here.

I would firstly like to say that I am now in college for the second time, and if one set of values could have been placed on me the first time I went to college (which was right after high school graduation); it would be tenacity and diligence. I would have told myself to stay in college and finish what I started, not only did my GPA plummet-but I set myself up for haunting visions of incompletion. Having a degree before having children is also an experience to share-considering the amount of time studies take up-and then dividing that by the time needed to raise a child (especially on your own). I see the young and formidible years right after high school as a powerful and crucial in determining ones character, as well as developing a strong set of values in laying out the groundwork for one's future--and then tenaciously and diliigently executing said plan. I also see the logic of the learning process, and that once education is not routine, and a decade or so passes; learning itself has to be relearned.

to get scholarships done way before and make sure finances are in order.

Heidi

Take advantage of living at home! You won't realize how "easy" life is until it's too late! You'll be going back to school in your 20's while working and paying rent- that won't be fun. Trust me, it might sound crazy right now, but I can tell you that growing up too fast isn't necessarily the goal you should persue. You should also ask the adults in your life lots of questions about their jobs. Gather all the information you can, it will help you decide what to be when you "grow up". You don't want to have an identity crisis while you're at a dead-end job daydreaming about your dream career. Don't be shy, talk to people- find direction! Even though you are a good student as an adult, you could already be "living the dream" if you focus while you're young! Good luck!

I would tell myself that college is a great place to meet new people, recieve an education and gain important life experiences. At first it's a little scary, going to a new enviroment, new people, and new places. I would tell myself not to worry about going to college because you will adjust in time and make many friends. everyone is in the same situation as you, just have confidence and be yourself and you'll do fine. The academics are tougher than high school but that just means you have to study more and work harder. Just believe in yourself and you'll do fine.

There are many changes that I would make if I were given the oppurtunity to go back as a High School senior. During my senior year, I procrastinated with all of my college applications which resulted in not hearing a decision until about late March or April. I would of applied early action so I could get a response in January. I also would of thought much harder about what I wanted to do in my future. It wasn't until about November of 2009 when I first thought of Nursing. A family friend is a Nurse and she educated me on the whole career and I immediately became interested and it was at that point that I wanted to become a nurse. This would of been a whole lot easier if I knew this my senior year, because now, as a Transfer student, it is extremely difficult to be accepted to a Nursing program as a transfer student. This is causing me to apply to out of state school where I had originally only wanted to apply to State schools because it is obvious that that is all that I can afford.

I would advise myself not the let the freedom of living away from parents get to my head. Living without parents doesn't necessarily mean you can do whatever you please. You still need to stay on top on yourschool work and attend classes. You have to be in charge of your own future, no is no longer anyone else to fall back onto or blame if you fail in obtaining your education. Simply take responsibilty for yourself and be reasonable in your actions, and you should be able to succeed in college.