Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

No, I feel that any school can be a big party school if the individual doing the parties lets it get out of control. I feel that Central accepts people with lower high school GPA's than other Michigan Universities, but those students are expected to and DO do as well as anyone else in their given programs.

Partying, yes. Student quality, not necessarily. Although MSU and U of M are more selective, many students who could very well be high performers at these institutions choose a smaller, more personal university, such as Central.

I think students that attend CMU are just as intelligent as those at U of M or MSU. In college, there are those students that chose to drink, and those that don't, I don't think it is any more so at CMU than any other college.

The town is smaller than most major college campus's but there are a lot of people that go to CMU. Also they have changed the standards and made it harder to get into CMU from what I've heard.

No. A lot of CMU students enjoy the smaller feel of Mt. Pleasant and Central's campus. As a transfer student from MSU I don't find the curriculum any less difficult.

No, but the majority of students do drink even if they are underage. Partying every night and the sex are completely wrong.

For the most part. I feel like EVERY school parties so to call a school a party school I feel is not accurate.

No, most students who make it past their first semester are here for school not a party.

To an extent yes, but there are students here who study as well.

partially, we are still good students and not everyone drinks