Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

In smaller classes professors know your name, but in larger classes it is a lot less likely. That is one thing I miss from going to a community college. I've had a lot of great classes here, but my favorite right now is JRN 500-current issues in mass communication. I feel like this class is teaching me to be an informed citizen. I don't know how much other students study, but i study a lot because of my heavy course load. I really like the journalism program here, when I graduate I think I'll be well prepared to enter the job market.

Most of my professors know my name. My favorite class is LDR 200G (Intro to Leadership). Dan Gaken is the professor and he's a really intelligent, funny, and open minded guy. He makes the class fun and interactive. Class participation depends on the class really CMU's academic requirements are fine, yet I feel they could lighten up on making us take so many University Program courses. I feel it's a waste of time and they're just making more money off of us. The education here is geared toward getting a job

My professor usually recognize my name (because it is one they don't see to often) but usually butcher the pronunciation. Classes are larger so interaction is minimal. Even in the smaller more focused classes no one is eager to participate. My favorite classes have been my German 101 class because it was fun, interactive and the professor used multi-media to teach. Another favorite was communication disorders because the classroom environment is more welcoming and comfortable and the matirial is very interesting.

almost all of them- ldr200L b/c i like to learn about leadership, chm101 b/c i hate science- depends on the student- in most classes- many do- yes- my leadership classes- im a double major in broadcasting & spanish & both departments are very helpful and offer a lot of opportunity for in class and out of class experience- when I need help i go to their office hours- i think some of the gen ed requirements should be cut if you took a similar class in high school and did well- geared toward's a job

Class sizes are small for the most part. The classes I've taken toward my education major have been very good. They are very involved classes where you have to have a lot of participation. Teachers learned my name, even in a lecture sized class. My favorite classes are the ones toward my education major. My least favorite class so far was my sociology class. My teacher was always late to class, and he talked about NOTHING that was relevant to sociology. I think that he was an acception though.

As an Engineering Student, the program is brand new so class size is very small. We are in the process of being accredited, so under a lot of scrutiny at this time. There is a small population of students who are very intellectual, but from what I've seen, the most just go to class because they have to and are disinterested. I actually get along with most of my teachers, but don't spend much time outside class (with the exception of HON 120 -- my hardest class, but most interactive).

The class sizes at CMU are not to big but not to small either. It takes some work so that the professors know your name, but it is really beneficial to the students that we do not have huge lectures. My major is biomedical sciences so getting to know my professors is crucial because I need recommendation letters frequently for medical school applications. The biology department at CMU is very strong and the faculty and staff are always willing to help students with issues or problems.

All of my professors I have had here at CMU know my name except one, in a lecture class. To me this means alot because having good relaitonships with professors is important to me as a student. Most students are responsible and study the neccessary amount of time it takes to get the grades they want to receive. Class participation varies on the time and day of class. Mostly towards the end of the week, it goes down. I belive that CMU geared their education toward getting a job.

I think that the class sizes here at Central are perfect; I like having professor who want to establish a relationship with their students. Many of them make an effort to get to know every students name, which shows me that they take their job serisouly. Although my major, dietetics, is hard, we have some of the most knowledge professor and I couldn't ask for better resources. I beleive that after graduation I will be truly greatful for all that I have learned hear.

My least favorite class was a mandatory racism class. The teacher was terrible, called me a racist simply because I had other views than her. Class participation seems rather low and students study/do the bare minimum. The psychology department is fine, as far as what I've seen. I rarely spend time with profs outside of class. The biggest complaint I have about CMU's academic requirements is the required diversity classes. It was the biggest waste of my money yet.