Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Central has amazing academic programs, and every department varies. I am a student within our recreation program and I'd say our professors are the best on campus. They go beyond the call of duty and are there for us as professors and as friends. They support our programs and events we plan and put on, they encourage us to be involved, and they make class fun and interesting to go to.

Central Michigan has really good professors who are willing to take the extra time out of the classroom to help you. They set you up with internships and give you really good resources so that you get the best out of your classes. The most unique class that I have taken thus far is a BLR class, the professor was an actual attorney so he was able to give us real live situations.

I think that it is ridiculous for a elementary special ed major to not graduate from CMU after four years - it takes almost 5 1/2 - 6 years. By then, you only have a bachelor's degree with about 175-200 credits... it takes only 124 to graduate. At least Central could do is make it quicker to get through the program or offer students to be done with half a major upon graduation.

I have only had a good experience with my classes at central. My upper level classes are very personal and my teachers do know my name. I often have class discussions. I think the health fitness major is an awesome way to go and the classes are a good experience to prepare you for your internship. I wish the academic requirements were not so broad for University Programs.

The class sizes at CMU are large, but professors, for the most part, try and do their best to be there for their students. They have office hours for student to come ask questions which makes it easy to know professors on a first name basis. Students tend to be competitive when it comes to grades, which may or may not be a good thing depending on the student.

I believe Central Academics are very underrated. Most people don't even know that we have a honors program or honors groups. The class sizes very obviously depending on the class, but professiors are always willing to work with a student on an individual level if needed. I also like the variety of classes offered making there literally something for everyone.

Our professors are here for the students. Teaching comes first, and then comes research. I really love the fact that our students can be engaged with our professors; it allows for a better learning environment. They are always willing to make sure students are feeling confident in their performance, and if they are not they do what they can to help out.

once you get past the freshmen intro classes you get smaller class sizes and you really get to know your professors and they get to know you. once you select your course of study you begin to have the same students in classes and the same professors so they learn who you are and about you and often are the ones writing letters of reccomendation.

While I have only experienced two semesters here at Central, I have encountered several professors who truly care about their students and the quality of education they are providing for them. However, there are certain professors who seem to only be here to recieve a paycheck and unfourtanetly, they are the ones who are talked about the most.

Yes, most preofessors take the time to know your name here. My favorite class was a finance class last semester, my teacher was very interesting and influential. I would stay that most students spend a fair amount of time studying for tests..it depends on the class and situation. I do not spend time with professors outside of class.