Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

I wish I had known that relationships take an incredible amount of time and commitment. I entered my first relationship during my second year of college, and, although it has brought be tremendous happiness, is has also consumed a great deal of energy. Contributing to a successful relationship requires providing time for one?s partner; it also requires taking on and helping to cope with the stress she endures in her own life. I would not go back if I had the chance; however, I would recommended having an organized life before attempting to make a relationship work.

I wish I had known more about my chosen major and field before I decided to pursue a degree in it. With a bachelor's degree in psychology, there are little to no jobs available. In order to obtain a lucritive career with a B.S. degree in psychology, one must continue their education in graduate school and obtain a masters or doctoral degree. Had I known this before hand, I may have chosen a different major and career path. I also wish the requirements for graduate school admission had been made known to me during freshman year.

I have grown up in Mt. Pleasant, so Central has always been in my life, and I have always known, for the most part, what Central was like. In general, I wish I would have known how expensive college really is. I have always grown up hearing how college costs so much money, but it never really occurred to me until my first semester. With the tuition, housing, meal plan, books, and other class fees, it is hard to believe how many people go to college. I just wish I had been more aware of all the costs.

I wish I had known what little there was to do around Central Michigan. On the weekends, it's basically party or go to the casino if you don't want to be ridiculed about being lame or a party pooper. So basically either spend your calorie budget or your cash budget. Not the best way to spend your time. Sure, you're there to attend classes and gain a degree but a student shouldn't feel like they need to create an activity just to take up their time.

I wish I had known how much financial burdens are upon you after graduation. Maybe I wouldn't have taken out so many student loans, but at the time it was easier to pay for college that way than severely struggling. Although I had a blast in college, I wish I had used more thought when applying for certain financial aid and loans. My message to prospective students to any college would be just that: think before you sign those promissory notes!

Before coming to Central Michigan I wish I had known how much effort I would need to put forth into my classes. The transition from high school to college was slightly difficult for me but I have been able to adjust rather quickly. Not everyone is prepared for college when you first come into it. Moving away from home and expected to do it all on your own is something you cant prepare for until you live it.

Before I came to college I was aceing all of my high school classes and still had all the time in the world for free time. When I got to college it was a wake up call. I wish I had known how demanding the course load for an engineering major would be so I would be prepared to dedicate more time to earning adicuate grades. For future years I will know better and manage my time as such.

Before coming to Central, I wish I would've known how huge the campus is. I had visited before, of course, but when you're not actually attending the school, the campus doesn't seem so big and scary. You visit a few buildings on the tour and call it good. But when you're here, attending CMU, the campus is massive and feels like its own little town. It's a lot to get used to.

I wish I would have known how difficult it really is living with someone in a small space with different sleep styles... And I wish I would have known not to be overly nice with roommates because they like to use you for all its wroth sometimes. There are good ones and there are bad ones but individual lessons I wish i would have known before hand LoL

I wish I had know more about how student loans work. I wish I had know more about transfering and equivalencies. It would have been nice to know how much more you learn at a unversity like CMU as opposed to a school like my previous one. I guess it would have been nice to know exactly how big the school is and how many people I would encounter.