Central Penn College Top Questions

Autumn

The main advice that I would give to myself would be to doing further career exploration and know the options that are available with a Criminal Justice degree. I was eager to get my degree and graduate, assuming that finding a job fresh out of college would be easy. I had to struggle for a few months to find a job before I was able to settle into my current career. I am returning now because I did not take the vital step to explore all the career options that would be available.

Krista

I would first tell myself to go straight to college after high school. That way you can get a career and start your future early and not have to struggle as much. I would also advise myself that I should start saving for college because the tuition is extremely expensive and it is very difficult to work and go to school while having a family. I would also need to explain to myself that college is nothing like high school. It is a lot harder and the professors do not hold your hand and walk you through everything. If you need help of course they are going to be there to help but once they assign the assignments it is your responsibility to follow through and complete the assignment by the due date. College is hard work. It is definitely a learning experience and the first big step into the real world.

dominic

i would tell myself not to give up and keep trying no mater what happens and pump myself up about the things later on in life that are worth trying hard and fighting for. I would also tell myself that life is hard but a good education will make it alot easier.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would give myself two pieces of advice. I would tell myself to stop worrying because everything will be ok. Secondly, I would tell myself to enjoy my friends as much as possible. I would tell myself to stop worrying because I worry constantly. I think too much about the future, money, and whether or not my life will work out. During my senior year of high school, I was worrying all the time about money. My father is a self-employed carpenter, and my mom works for little to nothing as a secretary at our church. The financial responsibility is mostly on my own shoulders, and I didn't know if I'd be able to afford college. Even though money is tight now, everything worked out. I wish I could tell myself that. Also, I would have told myself to enjoy my friends. I miss them so much. I think high school seniors are so delusional thinking that they'll stay best friends with old highschool pals. The pain of losing them is still fresh for me. I wish I wouldn't have taken them for granted.

Eugene

As an adult student, I would tell myself to start college earlier. The real world is fond of college educated individuals and to have a job one can do in to their older age an education will be neccessary. Living on campus is not a neccessity; atttend a local college and commute back and forth. The college experience is not all about parties and living on your own, instead it is about self-discovery and the learning of new things. Apply youreself as a young adult and enjoy the benefits that come with it; do not wait until your older to start your education, keep stride with your peers.

Angelina

For me, attending college has been a struggle. As the daughter of a single, teenage mother who battles addition and mental health issues, I have not had an easy path towards higher education. At 26 years old I finally completed my A.A. degree and it was one of the proudest moments in my life so far. It took a lot of dedication and humility to continue working towards a goal which seemed unattainable at times. Now, as I move on to a four year University confident in my ability to succeed academically, I am daunted by a new obstacle; finances. Affording the education I have worked so hard to complete is the biggest obstacle I face now. But just as in the past, when it seemed that there may have been no hope, no escape from the poverty I was born into, I will not give up, I will not accept defeat. While I would usually describe myself as a pacifist, in this one area,....I'm a fighter.

Growing up wasn’t always easy, considering I have five brothers and sisters. Being the second oldest in the house came with a lot of responsibility. However, being the first to attend college was a lot of pressure. When I got accepted to Central Pennsylvania College, I was really excited but at the same time scare. I was scare because being three hours away from my family meant I had to live on my own. No more parents guiding me, no more making sure my little brother did his homework right, and no more feeding my baby sister. In the past seven months that I been attending school I learned more then school work, I have discovered a whole new me. I can do homework and study for a test without my mom forcing me. I can cook, clean, and shop on my own without my mom telling me how to do so. Attending college has been valuable to me because I’m learning how to grow up on my own by living everyday life and learning life long lessons from professors, roommates, and even the dance team. I’m also learning school can be challenging but very rewarding.

The greatest thing that I have learned while attending college is that it is okay to make a mistake. Attending college has opened my eyes to see that no one is perfect and everyone will make a mistake at some point in their life. I used to believe that everything must be done correctly and there was no room for error. This caused me much grief and stress and made me feel as though I had ultimately failed in the things I was trying to do. I have learned that the true meaning of strength and character lies in making mistakes, but also in learning from them in order to better oneself. College has been a valuable step towards allowing me to grow as a person and to understand where real strength and character come from.

Jaimy

Time management, just because you have a few days off in the middle of the week doesn't mean you can't get a little school work done on your 'free day'.

Kelsi

My college experience has provided me with a number of different experiences all of which are very valuable to me. Being a transfer student it provided me with the chance to meet new and different people creating a great working/career building network and a new group of friends. It has also shown me that I can work hard and learn the proper skills to succeed in passing tests, projects, and homework with high honors. Being a full-time student while trying to manage my studies and my current job also gives me the opportunity to learn how to multitask and time manage. Both of these skills are very valuable to me because they will help me succeed in anything I do in life when a few things are given to me to complete. My experience in college has most importantly provided me with the correct tools I will need in the future to continue learning and to prosper in my career. I will take every experience from Central Pennsylvania College with me after I graduate and apply it to my life and goals to make me a better person, worker, and friend.

Jeff

My college experience has been very unique. I not only come in with a vast knowledge of the field, but also a little experience too. Although I started with a higher knowledge, it helped me get a deeper understanding of everything in the field. Besides the straight academic side, it has also led me to a job that I currently hold. The first things that I always like to do before a class is glance through the book, and try to understand everything on my own. Although I use to be able to do that in high school, I am now depended on my professors to be able to teach everything to me. This has helped me to be able to pay attention, and pick out the most important things instead of trying to catch everything. They seem to make it a lot easier to tell you what the most important stuff is. Besides having great professors, I also managed to get a job with the school. I work in the field that I am trying to go into. The knowledge that I get with real world experience is far superior compared to what you can read.

My college experience has just begun. Getting enrolled, and accepted to Ivy Tech has been a amazing feeling itself. I signed up knowing I wanted to better my life and start a career that will be enough to give my children everything they need and want. I signed up with the attitude that I was gonna do whatever it takes to finish school and know that my family will be taken care of. It has made me more responsible and more or an adult and a parent. I now know how much it takes to go to college, people used to just say I'm going to college like it was our first day of kindergarten. College has made my life so much valuable in so many ways that I just want to keep going and never stop learning.

Central Pennsylvania College has been a great experience for me. Central Penn has helped me grow into a better man. I have learned leadership skills and independence through being involved in various campus clubs and organizations. I have also gained knowledge through the hands on experience I have had during class. Having corporate communications as my major, I have to know a lot about speaking and writing and being able to do it well. Central Penn has helped sharpen these skills. I have taken courses such as Journalism, writing for public speaking, and oral communications. These classes have helped me become and great leader. Since I am the President of the Peer Mentoring program at Central Penn knowing these skills will also help me better the club. I believe that Central Penn is an essential part of my future. The knowledge, skills, and experience are invaluable in my life. I will use everything I learn in my career at a Public Relations firm. I hope everyone would have the same great experience as I have.

Acacia

I have gotten so much out of my college experience at Central Penn; most of my classes I have took online because I work to support myself. But, I have also elected to take some night classes on a campus near to me and I've enjoyed it very much. I like that the instructors are well-educated and that the discussions are so open-minded and opinion supported throughout. I like that I'm continually being challenged and pushed to a higher degree of learning that I didn't think was possible for myself. I like that each day I'm surprising myself with the amount of work I'm able to complete. Central Pennsylvania College has given me so many opportunities so far, and I look forward to teaching there someday so I'm able to provide students with what I was given; a supportive push from the best instructors I have ever known. Thank you Central Penn.

Adrienne

I went back to school 10 years after getting my Associates Degree, to get my BA in Business Administration. There are three reasons I made this decision: because I understand the value of earning a degree, and because I work in education, and I preach the message of the value of learning every single day, and because I have a dream to work in the non-profit as an advocate for those less fortunate than me. After earning my Degree on 2000, I worked in the healthcare field in an administrative assistant role for nearly 10 years. Although I didn’t go on to college until later in life, my success in healthcare can be directly attributed to working hard, and pursuing post-secondary education. Earlier this year, I realized that unless I further my education, I may not be able to achieve all of my career goals. Ultimately, I want to work in an administrative capacity in the non-profit sector, and I knew that earning higher educational credentials was the key. I am hoping that by being successful at Central Penn College, I will achieve my dream of having a positive impact on the lives of others.

I have gotten alot of things out of my college experience so far. The college life has taught me that I can not depend on my mom no more. She used to make sure that I did my homework when I was in high school, but now I have to be responsible for my own work and I have to study on my own. The biggest thing that I learned was that I have be responsible for my own actions. It has been valuable for me because I can get a great education here at central Pennsylvania College. While attending this school, I have learned more things pertaining to my major which is medical assistant. The best thing about this school is that when I am done my classes, we have to do an internship and that can possibly turn into a job offer.

What I plan to get out of my college experience is a better chance. I want to go up against everyone and win. I want to be successful in all that I do. To be honest, I cant afford college and to getting this scholarship will help me and give me some type of motivation.

Camtran

In 2009-2010 schoolyear, I was a high school senior, but I also attended college as a dual-enrollement student. The most valuable experiences I have gotten out for my self is diligence and self-conciousness. In college, there is nobody who remind you to study or do your homework, aso you have to study on your own and work yourselves out to prepare for the classes. My experience through college has helped me become a more responsible and organized person. I have known how to choose between parties on friday night and studying for the test to keep up a high GPA. So far in college, I have earned 26/60 credit, adn I have a perfect 4.0 GPA.

Susan

As a non-traditional student, I've found that my college experience "the second time around" has meant so much more to me than the initial experience. I first attended college at the age of 17, right out of high school. I was immature and eager to have fun! Don't get me wrong; I wasn't a party girl. I studied and my grades were at average levels. I am finding, however, that at the ripe old age of 46, THIS college experience carries a lot more significance. I'm a single parent, for one. I'm working full-time and earning my bachelor's degree online in my "free time". The majority of my fellow students are 18 year olds, and sometimes I feel like a den mother! But this time, I'm focused and determined. It's not easy supporting a family, working a 40-hour work week, taking care of an apartment, driving a ten year old car, and taking classes every night. But overall, I'm so very glad I chose to undertake this endeavor.

Ren

I have learned alot of things from my professors both for life and for in my career. They have helped me through learning problems and also personal problems and they are always willing to listen to what ever i have to say. It has been valuable to me because in m y life i haven't always had someone to go to with my problems and receive both academic as well as personal help and that has made a great difference for me.

Cara

After being in the workplace for 6 years, I quickly realized that you can make a living without an education, but you don't get very far. Education is the core of America and we are offered so much opportunity- it is at our fingertips! I feel as though I have become a more well rounded person in college. I'm thankful for a second chance at school later in life and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel- I will be able to sharpen my mind, gain something nobody can ever take from me- my bachelor's degree, and I will be able to help support my family and make money that goes further for the amount of time I've invested. All education is valuable. It never goes to waste. You can use it in your everyday life and I feel as though this experience, thus far, has been amazing because it is my time to make an investment in myself and see myself change day by day.

Lackram

I have received a great experience and I am very comfortable with my choice of college. I'm the first of my generation to attend college, so I had to learn every process for the first time. I was not worried after my first experience at the college with the guidence of the college staff, I am able to continue my education with confidence. With all the hard work that I have done, Central Pennsylvania College has done twice as much to see me accomplish my goal of graduating. I have learned both from an education stand point, but also the life experience that I will put to use when I complete my education. My choice of college was very valuable to me because it became an investment at the beginning , but during the course of my college experience I have learned to cherish the little things because they lead to much large things. I am proud to say, that I attend Central Pennsylvania College and I wouldn't change anything about the experience I have encountered and the foundation that I have created.

Allisa

I have gotten many different experiences out of college. The fact that there are others out there that are looking for the same thing you are. Knowing that you are not alone and that the world is full of oprotunities that you can decide to take. That you have to experience things to learn and grow to choose the best path to take that will make you happy. Things such as if you do not attend your classes then you will fail or if you do your homework then you will have a better chance to pass. Central Pennsylvania College has been valuable for me to attend because, it has shown me that in the professional business world, you must be well knowledgeable, ethical, and leadership bound. These are things that will help me on my path through college and through life. Central Penn Collefe has shown me that the world is a scary place and that if we want to make a difference in this world that we have to become better and learn from mistakes and grow and adapt to the way life is.

Sasha

I would tell myself to stay focus and keep my head up.College is a great opportunity and alot of fun.It's alot of work as well but makes sure you enjoy ever moment.Make as many friends as possilble; it could benifit you in the future when your looking for a job or need advice.Have FUNNNNNNNNNN.

Three simple words: stay in school. When I first attended college right out of high school (in 1982) I wasn't mature enough to "go away to college" and had to return home and attend a local community college. A very hard lesson learned, but then when as I neared the completion of my associate degree requirements, I decided that I didn't want to borrow money to continue my education so I left school and went to work. Now, some 31 years later I'm nearing the completion of my bachelor's degree, and with lots of lessons learned along the way in the school of life. Good lessons indeed, but I should have learned them in college decades ago.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell myself to study harder for my SAT's, save money, and have faith in myself that I will achieve what I desire. I would first sugget study harder for your SAT's because this score is connected to you for life and if you are thinking to exceeding to graduate school, you will need to use your knowledge learned from the SAT on your GMAT test. Saving money is ovious, college is expensive. I currently pay $400 a month for my first undergraduate degree but I know that I am able to make more money ,than I ever could without a college education. I know that putting myself first over the cost, will be worth it in the long run. Lastly, I think I needed to believe in myself more and I do now with the guidance Central Pennsylvania College. has given me.They have helped me build a bridge to my success.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say many things. First thing I would say is too put in all the effort I can in high school becuase the work ethic I have now will travel with me to college. The poor study habits need to be brought up to proper standards for the harder work that will be expected form me. a second thing I would tell myself is that no matter how easy the classes will seem at first to not think they will all be that way. The last thing would be to start exercising more and get into that habit everyday. The "freshman 15" is not something that people make up but is something that actually happens. Since the class schedule can be different each term and have a small amount of time between classes lunch maybe short. This mean more fast food and simple food is in your future.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to listen to my teachers when they said that high school and the amout of work and homework given to us as high school students is nothing compared to the amount of homework and work in college. Also, I would tell myself that I should learn to study more than what I did because I study more for one class in college than I did for all my classes in high school. I would also tell myself to be more self dependent rather than relying on other people to help me because there is no body here to help you all the time nor to do stuff for you all the time. Things aren't to different, but it's enough to notice. I have to motivate myself to get up in the mornings and to do my homework rather than having my mom tell me to do it. It takes a lot of self disipline.

Curtis

Looking back to the days of being a high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy the process, but crave the goal. Choosing a college and determining your future can be a very difficult and stressful decision. The thing is, you will have friends, family, and peers giving their input on what you should do. When the time comes though, it is all up to what you feel you should do. Take your time, really think things through. Think about what you would like to accomplish in your life and see which college or university can help you realize your dreams. Evaluate your interests. Plenty of colleges have an abundance of extracurricular activities to engage in on campus. There may be things at the college you may not be interested at the time. However, college is about gaining lifelong lessons and experiences, so don?t be afraid to check out something that could have a positive impact on your life. Enjoy the process of selecting the right college or university for you, but crave what is to come; hopefully some of the most rewarding, and fulfilling moments and memories in your life.

Jade

If I could go back a year ago and talk to myself as a high school senior and tell myself all of the information that I know about college now I would have told myself not to worry as much. College tends to be harder at times in the classroom but other than that its not much different than in high school. High school has a lot of school activities that you can take part in the same as college depending on where one would choose. I would have told myself that it's okay to open up to other and meet new people and not to be afraid to join different clubs and take part in different activities.

To go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior would be a great opportunity. I would not tell myself what instructors to avoid or how to take the easy way out. I would not hand myself corrected tests with all of the right answers. I like to think I would say something encouraging. Something that would make me think harder and outside the box. I would challenge myself to take the more challenging classes and to apply myself just a little bit harder. I would remind myself that the knowledge and skills I walk across the stage at graduation with are not a short term success but only the beginning of a long term journey. I would challenge myself to view my education as an investment, not in money or tangible things, but in myself. I would tell myself some of the mistakes I had made and how to avoid them. I would reinforce that learning is a lot of things but it is not the acceptance of failure. I would remind myself that no challenge is too big when you really desire to succeed.

ChaTyra

If I could go back and time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that the transition from high school to college can be a little tough. The reason I say this is because there are a lot of things you have to get used to once you move on from high school to college. The first thing is the work load. In the beginning it may seem a little overwhelming, but a lot of colleges offer classes and programs to help you with your transition and to help you better manage your time. Another thing you have to get used to is attending class regularly and actually studying for exams. First off your attendance really matters. It's not like in high school when you can just nit go to school jst because you don't feel like it. Missing too many days can cause you to fail and so can a lack of studying. Cheating, plagirism, and just trying to memorize everything will not get you by in college.

I know everyone says this, but time management really is a key to "surviving" the college life. It's fun to try and wing it and stay up late, but really you need to realize that you're in college. That means that you're an adult, and it's time to grow up. You'd be surprised how much better you feel about going to class when you've had a full night's rest, and are ready to get up and go through the day. Also, be prepared for "stress." Here's a hint--if you're prepared for stress, it won't hit you at all! Just know that you're going to hit some low financial times, low social times, and feel like you're going to run out of gas. If you're prepared for those things, they won't hurt--they're just a part of life. Lastly, enjoy your time! You're learning, and this is the first step to the rest of your life. College is like that feeling you get when you wake up in the morning; "Wow, this is the very beginning of a beautiful, brand new day--my life."

Looking back on my college experience I think that I would tell my high school senior self to go for the bachelor?s degree and not just an associate's degree. An associate's degree is good, but a person can make more money if they have a bachelor's degree. I would like to become a lawyer and in order to get into law school I need to have a bachelor's degree. I could have saved myself a lot of time if I had completed a bachelor's degree in the first place instead of completing an associate's degree, working for three years and then going back to school to complete a bachelor's degree. On the other hand, if I was able to tell my high school senior self about all of the wonderful things that have happened to me during the time completing my associate's degree and the time spent working before going back to school for my bachelor's degree, I probably wouldn't do anything different.

TracyAnn

making the transition between high school and college id really hard ...the money is harder to get and goin to class and being an adult is hard. Its how u deal with it and devote your time to being successful is what makes you be determine to finish.

Trever

I?m currently in my second year of college and this is the second college I attended, I have learned a lot about college life. How to set up personal timeline to complete tasks and assignments and knew studying programs. When I was a senior in high school I was an O-K student I passed with a 3.4 GPA but turning in extra credit assignments and completing assignments on time was not on my priority list. I struggled a little my first year of college realizing my old studying and procrastination habits were holding me down. So if I had advice for myself it would be to take more pride in my work, establish better habits, and research college life more before attending school. So far I am doing better in college I have learned a lot, and have been every day, I just wish I gave myself a head start.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would make two things very clear. One, being that college is just as much about growing as a person and figuring out who you are and what you want out of life as it is about the education that you receive. I would tell myself to study hard, pick the right classes, and have fun. Be a college student, make new friends, experience new things, and keep an open mind. Second I would tell myself to really think about the cost of education. Apply for scholorships, work if possible, and only take loans as needed. Don't take the maximum amount of loans, hoping on a large refund check to live off of. This will only come back to haunt you.

Michele

Unfortunately, during my senior year in high school the only thing I could think about was getting OUT of school and getting a job. My twin sister and I grew up very poor in the inner city and college just was not an option for us - or so we thought. While we were academically advanced students, back in the 80s the public school system just did not encourage us to continue our education after high school. We needed to bring money IN, not pay OUT - again, or so we thought. Knowing what I know now about the availability of grants, student loans, work programs and job placement, I believe that college shortly after high school would have been the best choice. Colleges are so helpful in guiding new students and aiding in their acclimation to college life. Choosing to continue my education in my 40s, as a mother with a full-time job, is much harder now. This question is sweetly ironic, as the advice I would have given myself is the same advice I am now giving to my own daughter who is a Senior in High School and planning her college life for next year. "Do it now!"

Tracey

If I could go back in tme the first thing I would do is to be a high school senior. I quit school after ninth grade. I missed out on so much of a normal upbringing. I would love to go back in time and be able to attend high school and then go onto college. To join the clubs and interact with the other students would be great. Now as an adult I am attending for the education but with family and work there is little time left for the fun things that college has to offer. My advice to myself would be to stay in school and enjoy being young, it only happens once.

Dawn

Here I am today, scrambling myself together to be on time. Five minutes late will just not do at a prestigious college like this. Knowing what I know now about college life, I cringe on the way I treated my senior year of high school. If I could go back as a senior, I would make the transition for college easier for myself by making goals I know I could have achieved. If I could turn back the hands of time to my senior year of high school, I would advise myself to become involved in more extra-curricular activities. Along with this comes a level of responsibility and time management, which are two of the crucial aspects college transitioning has to bring. Also, I would advise myself to apply for more scholarships that I met the requirements of. Most high school students do not think of the amount of money college life has to bring, and how much debt they will be facing after college. Growing up may be a hard thing to do, but if students make the transition early, they will have an easier time adjusting in college and in the working world.

If I could go back in time I would probably laugh at myself for what I know now. When I was in high school and getting to move to college I was freaking out, even hyperventalating because I was so nervous. I was excited as well, but I could not get over all the negative thoughts and being so nervous that I was making myself sick. So, going back I would tell myself to relax and enjoy the process or getting ready for the next years in my life, since right now I'm having a blast. I would spend time enjoying the last few weeks of high school, celebrate graduating and not having any worries about what was next, just enjoy the ride and come prepare and with an open mind to college.

Jane

You now have the opportunity to go out and explore. Without family or other obligations to tie you down, now is the best time to take advantage of this opportunity. As a young person, you have the health and stamina to go rock-climbing, hike the Applachian Trail, explore Native American artifacts, even travel the world! College is changing, along with careers and the economy. Computers, medicine, and economics; whatever you are interested in will change so suddenly that your college degree will be obsolete by the time you graduate. Careers do not last a lifetime like in your father's day. There are no guarentees and higher tuition costs. Take this time to really consider what you want to do, to talk to people who work in these occupations about benefits, chances for advancement, working environment, future opportunities. You may change your mind. Don't make the mistake I did. I went to college, and majored in my favorite subject. Thirty years later, my training is out of date, jobs go to new graduates. I am going to school again, new career, and a student loan tht will I will pay until I am 75. Go! Enjoy!

Cindy

The transactions to the transition of college life has been a very easy process for me. I have not experienced any bad or negative relationships with an individual within Central Penn and anything I may have missed or forgot to fill out, they got the information to me immediately. I am 40 years old and just wish I would have done all this 23 years ago as today I would already have landed a good job with a great company and exceptional wages.

Time traveling back to my high school days as my wiser self would be an amazing opportunity. When I was younger I did not appreciate education the way I do now. I regret not taking advantage of the many opportunities I had available to me. As a senior, I was more concerned about my friends and seeing the finish line approaching that I never attached importance to taking advantage of what was right in front of me. I was never an excelling student, but instead an average student just concerned with getting through each day. I never went above what was expected of me and in certain classes I barely got through because of my lack of interest. When I graduated I surprised myself when I made the decision to get a further education. I have learned a lot since college and if I had the opportunity to talk to my younger self I would tell myself to cherish it. I would say, ?Kim, this is your opportunity to learn something that will impact your future in everyway. Take this opportunity to soak up knowledge. High school education is a priceless gift and you should take this gift wholeheartedly.?

Donald

I would tell myself to pay more attention academically, and get better grades and to stop worring about high school sports they will not get you anywhere. I would also tell myself to get more involved with trade acativities such metal working and wood working skills are always nice to show a potential employer.

shakera

Listen to your teachers when they tell you what your doing now is going to be ten times harder in college. I would have better pre pared myself as in reading more and gaining more writing skills.

Alvin

First thing I would tell myself as a senior in high school is the get focused this is your last year of fun. College is serious business and nothing to joke around with. As a senior I would hit the book hard and don't slack on any work. Read more books when you?re a senior to get your vocabulary up because are some tough work in college. Don?t wastes any time on doing work get it out the way and then you can have fun. Don't get caught in the senior hype it will eat you alive. Just because you?re a senior doesn't mean you?re hard work isn't finish. Getting caught will only end up in failure of starting college late because you?re nervous or getting to college and thinking you?re still in high school. Be thankful that you made it this far and don?t screw it up. Talk to your teachers and counselor at least once a month to make sure everything is going to plan and you?re staying on the right path. Final advice don't take any days off of school it will hurt you.

If I could go back into my high school career and give myself some advice it would be to always keep striving for success. Also to keep my priorities straight school comes before play, and one bad test score isn't the end of the world. To just keep reminding myself that I can always do better.

Talea

College os nothing like you see on TV. You dont always get along with your roomates. You have issues with all people. If you dont like drama i dont recommemd a small college, because you know just about everybody your going to have issues. But as we all do we learn to deal with it or squash it and move on with you education. You may not like you professors, but dont get to upset and just drop the class. You're only in that class for one semester stick it out its not that bad. Try to eat healthy even thought it may be hard to do because you are so hooked on the cafe food. Tryto stay in and cook more often if you can cook. College is what you make it. In order to have fun you have to make the fun yourself. Like i said College is nothing like you see on TV.

I went to a small highschool where the dominant race was white. When I came to college it was a culture shock. I would tell myself to go exploring and to learn about different cultures. I would tell myself to get out of the box I was living in. The people I have come to befriend are so much different than I am and they have taught me so many things. I would also tell myself to explore more colleges and involve my parents more in the process. I love Central Penn College but going to college visits with my parents would have been a good bonding experience. I would also tell myself you start working on financial aid sooner. It has been so hard finding the money to pay for school. I would tell myself to work on more scholarships. I would tell myself to prepare for an experience that is life changing.