Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

Angelica

My classmates are enthusiastic, respectful, and eagar to learn and succeed; their determination and hardwork creates an acceptional learning environment, as well as an intellectually and academically stimulating one.

CPCC is known for providing a quality, affordable education to anyone who is eager to learn. Their campuses are extremely diverse and extend outreach to anyone without bias. The professors are remarkable and well educated in their fields, as well as willing to help in any way that they can. The Academic Learning Center is constantly reaching out to students to ensure success. The small class sizes cultivate a learning experience that cannot be obtained in large universities. CPCC offers programs that comply with a vast array of interests in the workfield and prepares students for the future.

"Don't change a thing." The challenging experiences that I endured and brought upon myself since high school have molded me into a revolutionist. My scholastics were in turn put on hold, but during this time I became educated in the courses of life. I am seasoned with the knowledge of the struggle to survive. The freedom of college students demands time management and responsibility. Everyone develops differently, and this process determines our futures. Adversity developed me into the adult I had to be to recognize my purpose in the biochemical/physical and nutrition fields. I'm a dreamer of excellence, and I believe it starts and ends with nourishing, not poisoning, our bodies. The many evils of our world have consistently drawn our attention away from the most detrimental one: disrespecting our bodies. The exponential growth of our population has pushed our industries into mass production of the cheapest "food" products that can be manufactured and it is killing us. The obesity epidemic is a result of our relationship with these "foods." We are addicts, and I was an addict once too. The constant battle with a process that is necessary for life is deep, but I can help.

Eanna

Central Piedmont Community College has multiple campus that each have their own unique personalities and qualities, but all are welcoming and offer many valuable resources to students.

The advice I would give myself about college life and making the transition includes better planning, build a relationship with staff, make friends before you get to campus, and become familiar with the area. I was definitely unprepared my first day! I didn’t have lunch or any snacks, so I was hungry all day. That hunger was a distraction from listening to the professors as they went over syllabi. I also had to stand in multiple long lines because I didn’t get my ID, bus pass, or books ahead of time. Secondly, I would tell myself to build relationships with staff early. The people on campus are there to help you, so the earlier they get to know you, the more they’ll be able to help you. Also, I would tell myself to build relationships with other incoming students. You will feel much more comfortable if you have a familiar face in one of your classes, someone to sit with at lunch or between classes. Lastly, become familiar with the area surrounding your campus. Not only will that ensure your safety, but you will know more resources to help you succeed. Good luck!

Any person that is dedicated and willing to learn should attend this school.

Sean

i have not yet experienced classmates in a classroom environment in college yet because i have not yet started my classes in school.

Hindsight is 20/20. If I could go back in time to high school and tell my self information that would help me get through high school and to be beneficial for college, my number one thing would be to form good study habits and to not procrastinate. My study habits are not the worst but they definately could be better. I would tell myself to study more because studying more has made my life so much more easier in college and looking back in highschool i caould have just spent an hour a day and my grades would have chancged dramatically. I would tell my self not to procrastinate because procrastinating in college could be the death of you and you do not want to be behind at all. In highscool I was always stressed out over work because i put it off until the last second and now that I dont and try and get my work done as soon as I get it and life is just easier because you do not have to worry about assignments all the time.

Well since i have not started my classes yet for this semester other than an online class i have not experienced to much about CPCC. I have had some experience withe the advisors at CPCC though. They are very helpful people and they show that they do in fact care about you and your education.

CPCC is a very informative, helpful school, the people are nice and the environment is very clean, I really enjoy attending this college.

I would have told myself to never take that college break. Even though it might seem like a good idea, you will just be putting yourself behind in life. I would have also told myself to be better with your credit and to save money, because going to college has a huge opportunity cost when it comes to your time and finances. And last but not least to just hang in there, that it will all be worth it in the long run.

Katanah

Central Piedmont Community College is the light at the end of the tunnel!

Central Piedmont Community College is the light at the end of the tunnel!

Upon graduating high school in May of 1999 I joined the US Navy. If I could do things over I would have went to college. The advice I would give myself is that a college education is very important. Everyone wants to make money and having the knowledge is power and will allow anyone to earn a higher income. Take the time to study. Dont rush the process, research a good accredited university or community college and attend, its many for profit schools that costs thousands of dollars and aren't accredited. Research scholarship and grants, avoid student loans unless absolutely necessary. Prioritize all daily tasks to be organized which will lead to success! Meet friends and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

I think the school is very diverse. I'm a working adult student and attend school with younger students. Their is various ethnicities as well, which makes for a better learning expierence!

Jacquelyn

Central Piedmont Communitty College (CPCC) is best know for its high quality training in short term career program. Most companies in the Greater charlotte area recommend or send their employees to CPCC for additional training or continued education. CPCC offer a huge variety of classes to meet the demand of the Charlotte area workforce. Most students are confident that they are a receiving a quality education and/or training at an affordable tuition costs.

Dear, Jacquelyn, Now that you are a senior in high school, you are wondering about your future and what lies ahead of you. I want you know that your decision to go to college is great and this dream will become a reality for you. I know that you are contantly dreaming about going away to school. You're not so sure if this will ever happen because, you didn't make the best grades in high school to qualify for top rated colleges, or earn scholarships to pay for your college education. I'm here to let you know that all is well because, I am you in the future. Your dream of an education and a rewarding career will happen. You see, the secret to achieving your goals are in the following: One, keep your options open. Your decision to go to a community college is not a bad choice. Taking this route, will allow you to earn a higher GPA and earn scholarships. Two, always ask questions and seek out information. You will have so much support from people who will guide you and serve you as mentors. These secrets is just the beginning of your success.

Central Piedmont Community College has an excellent Global Learning Program. Though this institutions's program I earn college credits towards the NC Global Scholars of Distinction Honor. This program has helped my development personally and academically. I have studied abroad to Slavador Brazil. I studied abroad in Costa Rica through a cosortium with a neighboring community college and I plan to to study abroad in Tanzania and in one or two countries before I graduate next year. This was an excellent opportunity for me to become globally concious. My global experience is preparing me for diversity in the work place.

Khoa

If I have another opportunity to be a high school senior, I would have a lot of advises to share to myself. However, there is one advice I think that would have helped me better prepare for college, and it is to challenge myself more academically. In my senior year, I was often afraid of failures and rejections. For instance, I only applied for one scholarship in my senior year because I thought applying for scholarships were too competitive, and there were many students out there that are better scholarship candidates than I was. However, had I believed I could do it, I would have probably figured out the steps I need to take to help me win these scholarships that I wanted to apply. Even if things had not worked out as I planned, I would have not being disappointed at myself because I knew I have given it my best shot. Therefore, knowing how to deal with challenges is beneficial for anyone who wants to make the transition from high school to college because being afraid of dealing with challenges often prevents people from getting to where they want to be both in school and in life.

I wish I knew that it was possible for me to take college courses at this college as a high school student before I came to this school. Because I was born in Vietnam, I did not speak or understand much English in most of my high school years. As the result, I did not know that it was possible for me to take college courses as a high school student. If I would have taken some college courses while I was high school, I would have saved me some extra time and money for college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I keep seeing students driving around my school with very loud music on. These students are not only drive their cars around the school once. They usually circle around the school for three to five times before they leave everytime. I do understand that people could enjoy their music as loud and as much as they wish; however, i personally think it is quite disrespectful for them to distract those students who need quiet time to learn and study at my school.

Carolina

I describe Central Piedmont Community College as a diverse school because of the different ethnicities, cultures and costumes...

I would advise to first do a lot of research about the college you are attenting. Become friends with the advisors, in that way you can find out about every single type of help the schools offers. Visit the campus to see if your feel comfortable in your own skin. Do things before the deadline that way you get first pick on everything. Interact with people that attend that school, just so you can get some extra advise on what to do.

The best thing that I consider from my school is the staff. They are very friendly and helpfu, not only that but you can tell the joy it gives them to help a young adult like me. They guide you every single step and it makes me feel like they want me to go to school and be sucessful. They are always checking up on me and also never fail to give the best advice for my future.

Robert

A place to help you figure out how to get to where one wants to go.

A place to help you figure out how to get to where one wants to go.

That I should take my time, and really decide what I want. Also do not pick the most expensive school that accepts you, Community Colleges aren't so bad. To start thinking of a hobby that you can take up while in school, because taking some classes that are fun and intrest me will help out ALOT..

The number of campuses and classes that one can take through-out the city.

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.