Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

CPCC is a very informative, helpful school, the people are nice and the environment is very clean, I really enjoy attending this college.

I would have told myself to never take that college break. Even though it might seem like a good idea, you will just be putting yourself behind in life. I would have also told myself to be better with your credit and to save money, because going to college has a huge opportunity cost when it comes to your time and finances. And last but not least to just hang in there, that it will all be worth it in the long run.

Katanah

Central Piedmont Community College is the light at the end of the tunnel!

Central Piedmont Community College is the light at the end of the tunnel!

Upon graduating high school in May of 1999 I joined the US Navy. If I could do things over I would have went to college. The advice I would give myself is that a college education is very important. Everyone wants to make money and having the knowledge is power and will allow anyone to earn a higher income. Take the time to study. Dont rush the process, research a good accredited university or community college and attend, its many for profit schools that costs thousands of dollars and aren't accredited. Research scholarship and grants, avoid student loans unless absolutely necessary. Prioritize all daily tasks to be organized which will lead to success! Meet friends and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

I think the school is very diverse. I'm a working adult student and attend school with younger students. Their is various ethnicities as well, which makes for a better learning expierence!

Jacquelyn

Central Piedmont Communitty College (CPCC) is best know for its high quality training in short term career program. Most companies in the Greater charlotte area recommend or send their employees to CPCC for additional training or continued education. CPCC offer a huge variety of classes to meet the demand of the Charlotte area workforce. Most students are confident that they are a receiving a quality education and/or training at an affordable tuition costs.

Dear, Jacquelyn, Now that you are a senior in high school, you are wondering about your future and what lies ahead of you. I want you know that your decision to go to college is great and this dream will become a reality for you. I know that you are contantly dreaming about going away to school. You're not so sure if this will ever happen because, you didn't make the best grades in high school to qualify for top rated colleges, or earn scholarships to pay for your college education. I'm here to let you know that all is well because, I am you in the future. Your dream of an education and a rewarding career will happen. You see, the secret to achieving your goals are in the following: One, keep your options open. Your decision to go to a community college is not a bad choice. Taking this route, will allow you to earn a higher GPA and earn scholarships. Two, always ask questions and seek out information. You will have so much support from people who will guide you and serve you as mentors. These secrets is just the beginning of your success.

Central Piedmont Community College has an excellent Global Learning Program. Though this institutions's program I earn college credits towards the NC Global Scholars of Distinction Honor. This program has helped my development personally and academically. I have studied abroad to Slavador Brazil. I studied abroad in Costa Rica through a cosortium with a neighboring community college and I plan to to study abroad in Tanzania and in one or two countries before I graduate next year. This was an excellent opportunity for me to become globally concious. My global experience is preparing me for diversity in the work place.

Khoa

If I have another opportunity to be a high school senior, I would have a lot of advises to share to myself. However, there is one advice I think that would have helped me better prepare for college, and it is to challenge myself more academically. In my senior year, I was often afraid of failures and rejections. For instance, I only applied for one scholarship in my senior year because I thought applying for scholarships were too competitive, and there were many students out there that are better scholarship candidates than I was. However, had I believed I could do it, I would have probably figured out the steps I need to take to help me win these scholarships that I wanted to apply. Even if things had not worked out as I planned, I would have not being disappointed at myself because I knew I have given it my best shot. Therefore, knowing how to deal with challenges is beneficial for anyone who wants to make the transition from high school to college because being afraid of dealing with challenges often prevents people from getting to where they want to be both in school and in life.

I wish I knew that it was possible for me to take college courses at this college as a high school student before I came to this school. Because I was born in Vietnam, I did not speak or understand much English in most of my high school years. As the result, I did not know that it was possible for me to take college courses as a high school student. If I would have taken some college courses while I was high school, I would have saved me some extra time and money for college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I keep seeing students driving around my school with very loud music on. These students are not only drive their cars around the school once. They usually circle around the school for three to five times before they leave everytime. I do understand that people could enjoy their music as loud and as much as they wish; however, i personally think it is quite disrespectful for them to distract those students who need quiet time to learn and study at my school.

Carolina

I describe Central Piedmont Community College as a diverse school because of the different ethnicities, cultures and costumes...

I would advise to first do a lot of research about the college you are attenting. Become friends with the advisors, in that way you can find out about every single type of help the schools offers. Visit the campus to see if your feel comfortable in your own skin. Do things before the deadline that way you get first pick on everything. Interact with people that attend that school, just so you can get some extra advise on what to do.

The best thing that I consider from my school is the staff. They are very friendly and helpfu, not only that but you can tell the joy it gives them to help a young adult like me. They guide you every single step and it makes me feel like they want me to go to school and be sucessful. They are always checking up on me and also never fail to give the best advice for my future.

Robert

A place to help you figure out how to get to where one wants to go.

A place to help you figure out how to get to where one wants to go.

That I should take my time, and really decide what I want. Also do not pick the most expensive school that accepts you, Community Colleges aren't so bad. To start thinking of a hobby that you can take up while in school, because taking some classes that are fun and intrest me will help out ALOT..

The number of campuses and classes that one can take through-out the city.

Angela

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a highschool senior; i would tell myself to consider college. When I was a senior in highschool; i thought I wouldn't need to go to college. I would tell myself that college can be beneficial to me in the future. I would also explain to myself in the past that getting a job with a Highschool diploma can be challenging. Some advice I would give my highschool self would be to apply for scholarships early. My highschool self was very fustrated and just anxious to graduate. I wish I could tell myself to enjoy my time being a teenager. I would also tell myself to not get stressed about passing my classes. I have experienced college it's a challenge sometimes; but I have learned a lot more than I have learned in highschool. It's a life changing experience that I don't regret. College has really helped me enter my young adult years confident and optimistic about the future. College can be expensive, but it is worth every penny. I can use my college education for my career and for my upcoming life experiences.

Central Piedmont Community College is a okay school to start off going to college.

A person that wants the whole college experience should not attend CPCC.

Shalom

My school is best known for its diversity. There are different age groups as well as cultures on the campus. Each classroom is filled with different ideas due to the opinions from people who had different experiences. Every day, you meet someone different and you are constantly learning something new. Although the unavailability of dorms may not allow you to connect with a specific group of people, you still meet different people each semester. There are also different community service opportunities offered that help students get involved in campus activities and also ameliorate their resumes.

The most important advice I would give myself would be researching and applying for scholarships early in the year, even the summer before my senior year commence. Going to college is a process that takes time and planning and it cannot be done in months before graduation. A year may not even be sufficient. Grades, extracurricular activities and sports are important when getting into college, but nothing comes easy and you should never limit yourself. The mistake I made was relying on a full scholarship based on my grades and activities I was involved in. I would tell myself to consider other plans in order to be fully covered before I apply for colleges. In addition, the most known colleges are not necessarily where I should consider going. Sometimes researching several colleges and seeing where I fit best will be better. College can be filled with experiences everywhere you go, and you have to make it the way you want it. I would tell myself to have a better plan for the years I will be spending in college. Life has surprises and you never know what it reserves for you. Research is key for a better college experience.

Education comes at a high price, and finding the most efficient form of education that will not put you in debt before you graduate is priceless. Most of my friends decided to go four-year universities and some of them took out loans for their first year. I brag about the cost of the tuition in the college I attend compared to theirs. In addition, I am still taking classes that I would be taking if I were attending a four-year university my first two years. I can definitely say I am living the full college experience my way.

Amber

My classmates was so good and they all ae helpful to me.

My classmates was so good and they all ae helpful to me.

Firstly, I would say how hard its in high school don't dropout from high school. it means dont give up just surrender yourself means ask teacher or someone who can help with those problem. Study hard in high school get good grades and graduted form high school with high rank. Don"t scare to come college just register and do your best later you will realize that you will never gets scare when u been to college once. you feels like you want to comes there again soon. All teacher and the environment of college makes you feels Great. you yourself feels different like oh I am a college student now. when I was in high school before i feels like college life is different but its not that. Being a college student makes me feels Awesome. so again I encourage high school student to graduated soon and came to college.

All teacher they teach very well and if we help they were always there for us. And school environment is so good it makes me feels stay there always.

Devante

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self that trying to take the easy road only makes things harder in the end. Every year counts in high school, not just your junior and senior years. I would tell myself to listen to my family, counselors, and teachers because at the end of the day, they're only looking out for your own benefit.

I wish i would have went to a university first, i wish i knew how hard it would be to transfer out of the college.

People who want a small campus with small classes for more direct contact with the teachers should go to CPCC.

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.