Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

Nicholas

The college has many campus' all over charlotte, so you could easily find a way to get a class here. The work is mostly on computers. Blackboard and Moodle are what I generally use to turn in assignments. Sometimes you might find a teacher who only takes assignments in their hand, but not usually. There aren't many threats on campus and the people are mostly friendly. if you are looking for a couple easy and cheap years to start off your college education than this is the place to come.

Briana

My overall opinion of Central Piedmont Community College is that, if you're looking for a College that doesn't waste any academic time, then this is the college for you. I personally wish this was an interactive, out-going college. The professors are always accessible, but aren't always willing to help, nor are students really their main priority. This is my reason for three out of five stars for Central Piedmont Community College.

Sebastian

It is a very calm campus to be at, near the city, has shops nearby, and has a good library to study at with your classmates. The teachers are very friendly and there to help if asked to do so, and I have good relationships with my teachers. They also host special activities in the school to help the student body feel closer to one another.

Sydney

I love CPCC because there are about 8 different campuses and the school offers a variety of degrees of two-year programs. The Central Campus that I attend is extremely beautiful with a nice view of uptown Charlotte. You can easily walk up to different stores and eateries around the Central Campus. The professors are extremely helpful and although this is a community college I believe CPCC takes academics very serious. One reason I would recommend CPCC is because it is so much cheaper to take your general aid courses here first and then transfer to a 4-year college. The expenses are so much cheaper and saved my family a TON of money. I am off to UNCC now but no worries; I have saved up my money and I'm taken my experiences from my 2-year college to my 4-year college!

michaela
Rule your community college

Rule your community college

This a great college to begin with before transferring to a university or to get a certification. There are so many helpful resources offered and they are great at helping you transfer and choose classes.

Matthew

At CPCC there is such an great array of ethnicities and ages in the student body. There are mothers, fathers, and foriegn students, as well as the traditional eighten to twentytwo year old students. This creates such a great environment to develop new perspectives from the experiences other students have had. A mother's view on social problems is different from my own, and that challlenge to think outside of how I normally do is a priveledge most traditional colleges do not have.

I would tell myself to save more money and build credit. I have taken the money I have earned for granted, as well as the importance of having credit, good credt. Being someone who pays for their own education out of pocket, I could be further along with my studies had I been able to afford more classes. Additionally, I am currently lacking a reliable means of transportation to school. If I had began building credit at a young age, I could get a better loan to buy a reliable vehicle. Affording college, and a reliable means to get there, are two struggles I am currently having. I would be able to concentrate even more, had I told myself this information in high school.

Even though the school's diversity is the institution's strength, the student body is also a weakness. Too often, I feel as if I am only challenged by my professors because there are too many students are not driven to perform well academically. CPCC is a route to a greater education, and I wish more students saw that.

Jamie Colleen

I didn't take the whole process very seriously, and missed scholarship application deadlines, and I just didn't really try. If I could go back, then I would apply to many, many more scholarships and would have tried to go to a university instead of a community college. I feel like I would have a better experience at a university, and would have been able to make a lot more friends easier. I regret not taking things as seriously as I should of, and I learned my lesson. I should have pushed myself to do what it took to go to the school I have always wanted to go to.

I do not like the size of the school and want to be at a university because being from out of state when I first started, it was harder to make friends with people since most already went to high school together. Plus, I just like bigger classes in general.

Preston

Many of the students at CPCC are from all different backgrounds. Some, like me are there right out of high school. Others are a bit older and have come back for a higher education. Some people want to be there while others would rather be somewhere else entirely. But if I would have to describe the students at CPCC I would say that they are mature. My classmates at Central Piedmont are all there for an education, they dont cause disruptions and trouble in the class rooms; they are simpliy there to learn.

If I were to go back I would tell myself that it's going to be really tough at first. Class schedules will be confusing, you'll get lost a few times and it'll be hard to make friends at first. But you just need to be strong and know that things will get better. Dont be afraid to go to club meetings or speak up in conversations. Its ok to be unsure about things, but dont let it get in your way of moving forward. Lifes journey is just beginning, its ok to take it easy and get your footing before you continue. Theres a long road ahead and its important to not stress too much about it and just enjoy life in the moment.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the system for turning in work. When ever something has to be turned in online it always has to be at midnight. This was hard for me since I wouldnt get off of work until 11:30-11:45pm. If I didnt have the work done early enough it would be turned in late or incomplete. I would have made things easier if the work was due befire class began. If the school had done that it may have been a little easier for other students and myself.

Angelica

My classmates are enthusiastic, respectful, and eagar to learn and succeed; their determination and hardwork creates an acceptional learning environment, as well as an intellectually and academically stimulating one.

CPCC is known for providing a quality, affordable education to anyone who is eager to learn. Their campuses are extremely diverse and extend outreach to anyone without bias. The professors are remarkable and well educated in their fields, as well as willing to help in any way that they can. The Academic Learning Center is constantly reaching out to students to ensure success. The small class sizes cultivate a learning experience that cannot be obtained in large universities. CPCC offers programs that comply with a vast array of interests in the workfield and prepares students for the future.

"Don't change a thing." The challenging experiences that I endured and brought upon myself since high school have molded me into a revolutionist. My scholastics were in turn put on hold, but during this time I became educated in the courses of life. I am seasoned with the knowledge of the struggle to survive. The freedom of college students demands time management and responsibility. Everyone develops differently, and this process determines our futures. Adversity developed me into the adult I had to be to recognize my purpose in the biochemical/physical and nutrition fields. I'm a dreamer of excellence, and I believe it starts and ends with nourishing, not poisoning, our bodies. The many evils of our world have consistently drawn our attention away from the most detrimental one: disrespecting our bodies. The exponential growth of our population has pushed our industries into mass production of the cheapest "food" products that can be manufactured and it is killing us. The obesity epidemic is a result of our relationship with these "foods." We are addicts, and I was an addict once too. The constant battle with a process that is necessary for life is deep, but I can help.

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.