City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College Top Questions

Paul

Life is meant for journeys and destinations. Many believe that we are intended to have a sense of urgency through life…when it’s more designed to savoring every moment of each day. Life is what lessons are learned along the path we travel. The hardships and the challenges that we are sometimes faced with and how we work through them. Myjourney has led me to understand fortitude. I one day would like to achieve my Master’s degree in Industrial Facilities. I would like to do property development as well. I would be sure my annual salary is no less than $150,000. Where I’m going in life will lead me to fully enjoy happiness that we are to experience. This world is too big to be in one place your whole life. I want to see Thailand, Mumbai, and Belize. I’ve found that to go anywhere and do anything, one has to think, decide, and execute. Rules to live by for life’s travels and destinations. Most people don’t know where they are going in life. Why? My life is a journey well worth exploring.

Tasha

I would give my high school senior self three pieces of advice that I have aquired from being a college student. They include; taking the ACT over, time management and learning about student loans. I feel that taking the ACT over would have been very beneficial towards my education for serveral reasons. One reason would include that having a higher ACT score would have allowed me to have more options when deciding on the college that I wanted to attend. Also because with a higher score there would have been more scholarships avaliable to me. Time manangement is very important for every college student to have. This is due to the fact that unlike high school the college professors have thousands of students and will not give you alot of chances for extra credit. This will cause your greades to fail if you are not on top of due dates. Understanding the importance of student loans is very important because some students are afraid to take out the loans ans other students splurge the money and do not understand that they have to pay the money back. Loans are important to college students. THIS ADVICE WOULD HAVE HELPED!

Oneida

I would have applied for ALL of the scholarships I got my hands on and were told about. I would have been a LOT more serious about applying for scholarships and selecting my major. I would have made the decision to go into college as an undecided major as opposed to allowing my mother to push me to declare my major head on . That way the transition for me would have gone a lot more smoother for me. I would've told myself to be more prepared and not allow the fun of freshman year to affect my studies, study habits, and motivation for school.

George

Be specific know what you want . Stay focused and never give up.

Damika

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, about college life and making the transition I would tell myself to think for yourself Damika. During my senior year in highschool things were pretty difficult for me becasue I was 17 and my mother died three days before school started. I struggled really hard because all important decisions like what I wanted to do in life and what school I wanted to go to I discussed with my mom. I told people what I liked and they decided for me, I told family I loved kids and they instantly decided pediatrician was the way to go. My first year in college I took things that I knew would be needed for that field, but I wasn't happy. After that year I didn't go back until now, four years later and here I am thinking for myself . I Love to bake all kinds of things from cakes and cookies to pies, and I get great pleasure in knowing I satisfied someone's appetite. In addition to, my satisfaction I am now enrolled in Kennedy King's Wasburne Institute Baking and Pastry Arts program.

Christian

Surely if I could go back in time to my senior year of highschool my only advice would be first to apply for all the scholarships you can think of, theres so much free money out here and to be paying it back just doesn't seem right for the betterment of your future. The second thing would be to retake the ACT again and try for a higher score, don't be discouraged because of some mistakes on the 1st go-round. Thirdly, if you haven't already figured out where you want to start out in life, it's okay to begin at a JC, cause all you have to do then is go and get the basics out the way and you'll have a degree under your belt within 2years, and all while you're there you'll start to figure out where you want to start your journey and career. I guess the last thing would to say to myself would be, stay happy and positive, don't let friends and family lead you in different directions, make up your mind on your own time! No one is in your skin but you!

Deneve

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to perpare for the worst. To stay on top of my fafsa and to stay focus. If I knew my high school did not prepare me for college is really like I would have done way more research. Like location, money, and classes. I zip through high school wth o problem. However, when I got to college I was sadly awaken by college true reality. I would also tell myself to manage my time very wisely. Less partying and more studying. Lastly I would tell myself to go to the help centers for all of my classes, that is what they are there for. If I knew all of these things I think I would not have ran into any of these speed bumps I did.

maclord

THINK SMART.

Nathaniel

If I were to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell my self patience is the key. Patience in the process of attending a four-year instituition becuase you are rushing and too anxious to leave home. You should attend a two-year insituition so you can spend less money on your tuition and recieve the core curriculum for the university but at a less-expensive price. Next, you should get a job to help pay for school instead of attending a school where it would be more difficult to find a job. Finally, help your mother rather than leave for school because she is getting older and she needs your support financially and emotionally.