Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

The college gives me the option to mature as a young adult. I am becoming more independent everyday. This is a christian school so I am growing day by day closer to my Lord and Savior. Trying to make the rights steps, treating people in the right way. Since this school is small you know lots of people and many of them become very close friends. Its wonderful because you can actually talk to them about it, and they actually care to listen. This is still an academic institution and so I still have studies and other things over my head. So I must stay on top of the 8 ball. Cannot fall behind. It is teaching me self control. To know when I can hang out with my friends and when it is best to stay in my room and study. I believe that this is a great trait to learn now because I will be expected to do the same out in the workforce. To be asked to do something, and to get it done quickly without delay to the best of my ability.

I started out last semester at Southeastern University as a music major. It was a great school with quality education and amazing campus living. This spring I transfered to Clearwater Christian College for a few reasons and it has been a pleasent switch. The teachers and faculty are all very sweet and welcoming and they are all willing to help you with whatever you need. The classes are challenging which has taught me discipline since I have to stay on top of things. I have also learned and am currently learning responsibility because of all of the rules and guidelines. The college is very Bible-centered and they do not compromise their beliefs to get more students or impress people. I have been impressed with their integrity and it is an example to me. I have not even been at the school for a month and I have already started to gain better qualities that are improving my character because of the atmosphere of it.

I would recommend parents or students to get involved early with community colleges and start getting pre-requisite classes started and that will make things easier when you begin college. Also, I would advise parents and their children to take a college trip and tour the schools you are thinking about attending. Maybe go to classes that the student is interested for their major. Also, living on campus (if they are choosing) would be an excellent way to figure out if this would be a good place to live and achieve academically. Because some students do learn that it can be somewhat overwhelming when living with different people and different personality types. The student is what make the most of their college expeience! Learning as much as you can about a college and figuring out for yourself which college will suit you will make your experience the best for starting your college career and your independent life!

Not only have I received an immense amount of knowledge in just the year and a half I have attended so far, I have had the opportunity to cultivate amazing relationships. I have found in my peers deep, lasting friendships, and in my authorities, care, concern, and love to help mentor me. In attending a Christian college, I have learned more about how intricately God designed His creation. I appreciate that I will be receiving a Bible minor along with my Biology degree. College has also given me the opportunity to meet professionals in my field of study and ask questions of them. I covet the time professors have spent with me, explaining and answering questions about course material and otherwise. My job as a Biology Lab Assistant has also been a tool for learning which I would not have gained elsewhere. I am deeply thankful for this opportunity I have to attend college, especially at a school that I love so much.

My experience here at Clearwater has been invaluable because of the faculty. They are like parents to me. They truly care about details of my life, not just my academic affairs. They are concerned when I am sick; they are excited about things going on back home; they understand when I'm not having a good day. People always talk about how it is in college that you'll make those friends that you keep for life, and they're usually referring to fellow students. While I do have close friends among the student body, some of these lifelong friends that I am gaining are actually faculty members with whom I have worked very closely and spent much time in my college career. These are the ones that I will miss the most. It has been so valuable for me to attend Clearwater because of this one-on-one mentorship and encouragement from people who are not afraid to impart wisdom and become actively involved in my life.

This college experience of mine has been an enlightening one. I've learned so much about my personality, my spiritual beliefs, and what I want out of my education. I've learned that highschool is something that comes and goes, but what I learn and experience in college is most likely to stick with me. Attending Clearwater Christian College has been a valuable experience because I've learned a lot more then I think I would've been able to learn on my own, or even at another college. My professors are incredibly encouraging and helpful, and as each day goes by, I realize how blessed I am to be able to attend this institution. Of course, it does have it's flaws. The food's not always good, and extremely rainy days are the worst because certain areas of campus flood. But overall I'd have to say that I love this college, I love all that I have learned, and I love the God Who's allowed for me to attend!

My college experience has given me lifelong friends, a great education, a connection with professors with much knowledge, and also a closer walk with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Clearwater Christian College is non-denominational which has opened my eyes to beliefs of those of other religions and strengthened my beliefs. I have been continually stretched and forced to make decisions to solidify my position in certain standings. I am so thankful for this probing and stretching because it will help me in my major. I am a Pastoral Studies major wanting to focus on youth education specifically. We are continually faced with questions and problems from the professors which we will face during our ministry times. Teens ask many questions and need to be given answers. Right now is giving me that opportunity to plan my answers ahead and be able to think logically through answers before giving them.

I would tell my self that I should study more. It may not seem like fun and it may seem pointless but you wont regret it because it will give you an advantage and skills that are harder to learn later on. Pick a school that best fits you and what you beilve in. Look at everything about the school and talk to the students because they know more about the actual day to day then what the school tryis to show you. Enjoy college do not spend your time wishing it away when it gets dull. Make lots of friends because they will beable to help you out a lot with your classes and with adjusting to being in college. Get involved in campus activities it will make your experience more worth while. Go to your teachers for help they will respect you for your effort to do well in there classes. Never take anything for granted college is an amazing opportunity and not everyone gets that opportunity.

In general, college only happens one time so make the most of it! Even though you may think that it is a going to be nothing but parties and fun, you are mistaken. But if you think that it is going to be nothing but sitting through long lectures and having to read boring text books, you are also mistaken. My advice is have a balanced life. Make sure you schedule time in to work on your studies during the week so you can have some free time on the weekends. Be yourself because no one likes a fake. Work hard to get good grades in your classes because a good gpa is earned one class at a time. And lastly, make friends if only so you can get connected with study groups. Do your best to be the best student, person and friend you can be in college. Because in general, the reputation you make in college may be the only memory people have of you during the rest of your life.

I think the important thing to finding the right college is deciding what you want from college before you attend. A lot of students have come to my college who discovered that it wasn't right for them. To make the most of your college experience, I think it is important to take classes seriously, but also to have fun with your friends. I think a lot of people mix that idea up with alcohol and parties, but you don't need those at all. I have had an awesome college experience without either of those things. I have amazing friends who are there for me, and I can be there for them. We can study together, and have fun together whether it's laughing, and joking around or playing in the rain, or going to the beach. I think to make the most of your college experience you also have to remember that you're paying for your education and that you need to do well in your classes.