Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

In many respects your education is not in the hands of the school you will attend or even the professors in whose classes you will sit -- it is in your hands. What you get out of the next four years will depend mostly on what you invenst. You can do enough work to get by, or even enough work to earn a high GPA, without necessarily receiving an education. There will probably never be another period of your life which will be ostensibly dedicated to learning, so take advantage of this one. Read the books, and read the good ones again. Ask questions. Seek out those professors and fellow students who challenge you and open new horizons to you. Discuss, debate, argue. Read. Attend lectures by visiting scholars. Read. Don't look for the easy grade, take the challenging class. Read. Dare to think.

Well, during highschool I was a very shy and I wasn't sure what I wanted all I knew was that I liked to read books and dissect. Looking back I wish that I had had a little more confidence. I would say to myself: figure out exactly who you are and don't be afraid to show it, never back down and keep fighting for your dream. As a senior in highschool I decided that I wanted to be a doctor, and striving for that dream has not been easy however, I know that it is still what I am suppose to be doing. Therefore, I would reasure myself that I am doing the right thing. I would probably also say to myself: Don't let boys get in the way of your dream, because somewhere in the future their will be a time and place for that. Lastly I would say have confidence, be yourself, have fun, and don't be afraid of failure.

There would definitely be a more serious focus on my studies. I have learned that a person will only do what they put their mind to. Time managment and self-discipline are two main characteristics that will help a college student be successful in their studies, but also in the work place. Spending time with other students that have the same focal point as you will help it be more easy to stick with the goals. If a person has nothing to work towards then they will get no where, even if they believe they will. Parents are a key factor in being successful. There pushing and curfews are for a good purpose, even though as a Senior it is sometimes annoying. Having a teachable attitude will get an individual far in the classroom, on a sports team, and most importantly later on in the work place.

There are many things that I wish I had known as a high school senior that I know now. Some examples would be, first of all, CLEP anything and everything you can. It is such an asset to come into college with some general credits already under your belt and not having to take an entire semester of English Comp II for example and already have those credits. Also, this frees you up to do the second thing, which is have a minor or double major. I would have absolutely picked a strong minor or double majored. It is well worth it to get all of your money out of it and to jump on the opportunity for further your education in any way possible. Those are some of the main things that I would have advised myself on. I also would have told myself to be something other than Business....maybe ESS? :)

Get ready to work. As a high school senior, I was used to coasting through school. I had done it my whole life. Studying and homework took up a very small portion of my time and I still got all As. College requires a whole new mindset. Students can no longer expect to find the answers to homework word for word in the text book. Earning money to pay the college bill and trying to maintain somewhat of a social life leaves students with hardly any free time. Extra curricular activities such as sport or music involvement takes away from the already non-existant free time. College requires students to use the little time that they have very wisely. Every second must be used to gain all that can be gained from that second. It is not easy. Get ready to work.

It is not all about you. Life in high school is great. Your mom does all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping, while you get to just focus on school. Normally you have your own room and your own bathroom. Life is good. At college, it is completely different. You have to learn to live with many other people. You cannot always do the things you want to do because your roommate is sleeping, or there are rules against it. You must begin to put others ahead of yourself and your interests. Conflicts will arise, but if you can be humble and just sit and talk with the person the relationship can be restored. Overall, at times you will struggle and want to leave, but it is totally worth it. You will leave having grown so much through the whole experience.

If I can turn back the hands of time to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to take the ACT tesst one more time to see if I can recieve a better score. I would have probably made the decision to attend an in- state institution for lower tuition, and research better colleges. I would like to find a college, where there is an understanding in how much financial aid I would be receiving before I attended the school. Also, I would like to get different perpspective from students that already attend the school, and the things they like to do in their spare time. Finally, I would have an attended a school that encourages students to remain in school and graduate, instead of kicking them out until they get there financially ready to pay for school.

When I was younger I hated grade school and never wanted to go to college. Now that I am in college I have a passion for learning and acheiving my goals. I enjoy every class and I work hard studying. I don't understand why some kids skip class. I'm there to better myself and become successful in my career. College gives me a purpose and drive that makes me very motivated to achieve great things. I hope to be a youth minister one day and that will take some time in school. I want to be educated not only so I can get the job but for my own knowledge and interests. I have goals to learn new languages, for example, Hebrew and Greek. Being educated is very valuable in this world and I never realized that before I started going to college. Now I see the light.

Angela, I know that you love to have a good time, and you're all about the social life. However, you need to take your school work more seriously. Stop procrastinating. What comes around goes around; you will dig yourself into a hole that you won't be able to get out of. Don't let that opposition bring you down though because college will be one of the most memorable experiences of your entire life. You're used to a small Christian school. You're used to being around the same friends since you were in kindergarten. Going to Clearwater Christian College will place you out of your comfort zone. You will be forced to take a stand and be independent. Take this opportunity to let God mold you into who He wants you to be. Love Always, Yourself.

I am an overachiever and a perfectionist, so I would have to tell myself to relax a bit. Work hard, but don't stress about every detail. Worry doesn't accomplish anything. Just be faithful and diligent, and everything will get done. Trust in the Lord God; He is so faithful! And because of salvation in Jesus Christ, you can know that He will never leave you and that He works every detail into His sovereign plan. Nothing in life escapes Him, and He is always with you. Keep seeking Him, reading His Word (the Bible) and following Him with eagerness. Remember not to neglect meaningful relationships with family and friends. Studies are important, but so is encouraging and spending time with the ones you love. Be excited about the future!