Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

From my college experience, I have gained a valuable amount of responsibility, knowledge, and fun! I have met wonderful, new people that make the struggles worth while. I love lerning new things an challenging myself and thats exactly what college does for me. It has been valuable because I am learning things i couldnt have learned anywhere else. I am the first in my family to attend college, and I can share my many experiences with my mother and father. I would say my most valuable experience is seeing the faces of my family light up with joy when I tell them what i've learned or show them my grades! Its an incredible feeling to make myself happy, better myself and have my parents ever so proud of their only little girl! I love it!

During my senior year of high school I had no desire to go to college. I wanted to join any type of military branch. I was unable to join since I have asthma. I attending a community college for two years and over those to year I came to know Jesus Christ as my personal savior. After community college I applied and visited a variety of colleges. I knew that Clearwater Christian College was the college God wanted me to attend the minute I drove through the guarded entrance. There is nothing in my past that I would want to change or take back; I know it was all a part of Gods plan. I came to Clearwater at the right time; I know that I am academically and spiritually prepared to further my career at this particular college.

Keep sight of your dreams and aspirations. Hard work, determination, and focus while you are in college will help you to accomplish all that you want too. Try not to get discouraged when it seems that life isn't going your way. Everything happens for a reason, and while you may not see it right now, you will one day and you'll understand. You will make it through and it really isn't as bad as it seems. Just wait and see, you can overcome anything and everything that is thrown your way. Keep your head up. You will make it, and you can do it and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. College is just one more thing in life that when your done you can look back and say, "Yeah, I did that. And I'm glad that I did."

College is more in-depth than high school is, therefore, college needs more concentration. Statistics say that 85-90% of high school work is done inside of the classroom, but in college only 15-10% of the work is done in the classroom. Each subject in college is more thorough than that of the high schools subject. If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself to pay more attention to the details of each subject, and to study a few days in advance instead of the night before so that I might retain more of the information. This would make the transition from high school to college easier. It would create the habit of studying before-hand, and would prevent college students from having to pull ?all-nighters.?

Well I have learned how to live with other people and get alone with them, even if they are diffirent. I have learned that life moves so fast and that soon ill be done with colloege and out in the world. Ive learned that not every time you will succede at something ,but the one that continues on will. This college has been an awesome place to me. Ive restored my broken relationship with my family, the college gave me a job and a place to live during the summer when I did not have anywhere to go. The staff here is like my family when I did not have one they were my family and im truely humbled and thankful. The college has helped me in so many ways and I hope to finish off my college years here at my Home .

When I went to college, I was never fully prepared to write papers. In high school, I only wrote maybe four big research papers and a few essays. I was completely unprepared for the paper format, how a paper should be written, and being able to give myself enough time to finish a paper. I would also tell myself to balance my time better by making a schedule and not procrastinating on assignments. Also, I would tell myself to open up and become more sociable. I'm a very shy person who doesn't talk to anybody unless they talk to me first. I do have friends but not as many as I could. College is not all about academics; it is also about friendships. The friendships you make in college will last forever.

"Caitlin, enjoy every minute of it. College is one of the best and shortest experiences of your life. Make the most of your classes and friendships; they will all serve you well once you leave. Do not be afraid of hardship; it's going to change and better you in ways you would never imagine. Be yourself, and do not be afraid of who you are. Other people may make fun of you, but if you can learn to laugh at yourself and find wisdom, even in the most stinging rebukes, you will learn a lot more than you would in a classroom. Do not forget where you came from, because it has prepared you for where you're going. Just remember to keep smiling and doing your best; college is an adventure!"

Okay, so now you have made it through high school, congrats! Now as you enter the college scene keep in mind that it will not be easy. This will require lots of hard work and lots of support from family and friends. At times, you may feel that it is not worth it as you cannot see the end, but my dear friend these are the times that when you get ready to take that college diploma you will laugh. Remeber allways to make time for your family and friends. Your schoolwork is highly important, but without these people you really do not have much. My friend, be encouraged. Even though the work load may never cease to end, when its all said and done, it will all be worth it.

I would tell myself to prepare for change, to expect the worst and be pleasently surprised with the best, and to take my studies more seriously freshman year. Not to worry about being imperfect but rather work my hardest to do well and achieve goals rather than trying to stamp out imperfections. I would say to be careful when choosing friends and to look out for warning signs in a person to keep from letting them drag you down. I would still encourage myself to play sports for a year and then become involved in fine arts to be well rounded and to never look back, no matter what happens- just keep looking ahead to the opportunities that lie in the future.

I would advise parents and students to visit the school they are thinking about during the school session. Try to visit dorms and classes to get a feel for what the school really is like. Once you get a feel for the atmosphere, check out the social atmosphere to see if that is what you want to surround yourself with. Remember that this is where you will live for the next 4 years, so make sure you choose wisely. Most of all, make the most of your college experience by getting involved. Go on trips, make friends, exand your horizons because the journey at college allows more opportunities than may be possible when responsibilities burden you down.