Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

I think one of the most important things students can do is apply to many colleges so they can keep their options open. Also, it is very important that they visit the campus and sit in on some classes so they can really get a feel of what it would be like to attend. I personally believe that they should pray about it and look into colleges that will best meet their needs in order to accomplish their goals in life. College is the first step in getting a respectable job. The decision they make now will effect their future forever so it is important that they find out all the information they can in order to make the right choice.

The advise I would give to myself would probably be to grow up! Being a senior in high school caused me and many of my friends to become arrogant and think we're all that. But we were only ending one small stage in our lives. And three short months after graduation we were awkward little freshman again. I wish that I could've told my selfelf to be more responsible. I spent the majority of my time with friends when I could've been working. I didn't realize that soon I would be responsible for my finances. I wish I could've told myself to learn good spending, eating and study habits early on so it would be easier in college.

Remember that poem "Our Deepest Fear" by Marianne Williamson? Well in it she asks, "...who are you not to be ( that is; brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous)?" Then she goes on to say, "...as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." I want to tell you to live by that. You are very special. There's a whole world with millions of people waiting for you to come and show them that they too are special. That they too can fly. So go ahead. Fly. The world is waiting. And remember...Never, Never give up on your calling. P.S. Love God. Love others. Nothing else matters.

Research in more detail, the colleges that offer the major that you want to take. Know the major that you want to take, or try to come as close as you can to a decision about the major you would like to take. Then look specifically for the colleges that interest you and are highly qualified to teach that major. Consider, even before you're out of high school, a backup college in case your first pick does not work out. Take a good look at the professors involved with your major, and the success of people who have been through that program. Have fun, but take it serious, even before you get there!

I have gotten so much out of it, I don't know where to start. I have been academically challenged, and encouraged to keep studying, and do even better, I have made some fantastic friendships with friends, faculty, and staff. They really do care about you and your well doing. They have so many oppertunities. I have been able to do a Bible study at a Juvinille Detention center in town, and be a part of the pro life club. As well as being involved in my greek, and the political club. And last but not least, I have learned the importance of saving money, and stretching your dollar to the last penny.

I would say the college experience that I have received, as a result of attending Clearwater Christian College has been a little different from the "College Experience" everyone anticipates. I have enjoyed almost all of my classes and have had the opportunity to be involved with so many wonderful outreach ministries. I have made friends that I know will last a lifetime, and have matured in my perspectives. Friends and teachers have challenged me to be examine my life and begin making decisions that will not only carry me through college, but into my career and throughout all of my life.

I would tell myself, to stay focused and not let myself get so stressed. The financial burden of attending Clearwater Christian can sometimes, make my outlook be negative. For example, my first year I contemplated if the money was worth it. I can now say it is, and that money is something I never should have focused on. I would tell myself to relax, have fun. I have a hard time interacting with people, and Clearwater made that easy. Another friendly reminder would be not to worry. There are always going to be challenges and bumps in the road along the way, but I can push through it.

When starting college life, it is important to remember that fellow students are judging you on the things you say and do. First impression are extremely important and not to be taken lightly. Be careful of how you say things in order to avoid misconstrued statements. Good character is shown through the things you say and do even through the stressful moments of college life. Even if people do not choose to be your friend, it does not mean that you are not likeable. It is impossible for everyone to like you. Find out what you stand for and things you believe in and then stand firm!

College life is different from high-school, yet not drastically so. High-school students should set their priorities before actually arriving at college, and they should often remind themselves that the reason they are at school is to study, not socialize. Keeping one's long-term goal in mind- graduation (with a high GPA)- is also critical to remind one's self constantly. For college life easily is an existence of immediate gratification with people, with food, or with one's new-found freedom, and many college students forfeit their long-term goals for these.

I would advise any high school senior to be ready for a big adjustment. Teens in high school always hear about how college will be the best four years of their lives, but no one ever talks about how hard it can be. For teens going to school in another state, the adjustment is huge. But one cannot become discouraged. College is a time to reinvent yourself, and to break out of your comfort zone. If a student does this, he is sure to make the most of his college years and have the best time of his life learning and being challenged in various ways.