Coastal Carolina University Top Questions

Jesse

I would change The Commons, our dinning hall. Our school is just the right size, this year we had 1,800 incoming freshman living on campus. Most of my time is either spent outside(because of the awesome weather) or in Club Kimbel(our library...we call it that because the entire first floor is usually social hour) studying. So we're not a typical college town. In Conway, SC(our town) a five minute drive from Myrtle Beach there is always something going on. We are a typical tourist town...but when tourist season is over, lots of fun things begin. Our administration at Coastal is great. I met the president of the University in the middle of summer. He took the time to talk to me and get to know me. On our move-in day this year, President DiCenzo(we call him DAD...David A. DiCenzo) helped carry in boxes and helped with the entire move in process. Hundreds of volunteers ranging from Greeklife to RA's helped make the move-in process easy(By easy, I mean EASY...they asked for your room number and carried in everything your had and moved it into your room. all you had to do was unpack). None of my siblings at other colleges ever had that experience, and what university president do you know that would help carry boxes and move in freshman? Not many. Coastal BLEEDS TEAL. Our school pride is off the charts and it's amazing. We don't really have anything unusual about Coastal, except for our mascot...