Coconino Community College Top Questions

Victoria

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself in high school I would first say that I need to stop rushing and start living and enjoying. I would tell myself that I need to stop worrying about trying to be always perfect. Also, I would tell myself that I don't have my education planned out. Trust me, it changes when you start taking classes and you realize you don't like it. IT'S OK because in those times, you figure out what you really are supposed to pursue. The last thing that I would tell my old high school self is that I need to ask for more advice. There are people out there who want to help and that you are not alone.

Addryanna

If I could back back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have to tell myself a couple solutions to make my life easier. I would tell myself that I should have taken my classes more seriously, to have started with a better G.P.A.I would also inform myself to look for more scholarships, that I could have made work for me. Including the facts that high school is fun and thats okay to enjoy it while it lasts but that when it comes time for class, to make the most of class. I also would have told my past self that I should have gone out and get a job to start saving up. I would have basically told myself to make a plan, knowing what I wanted to go to school for yet or not, atleast start somewhere.

Nathaniel

First and foremost, I would tell myself to stop smoking pot. While I believe it's ridiculous to keep the stuff illegal, the fact is that it's an intoxicant and as such, it's completely open to abuse, and the substance has done nothing for me but bring trouble to my door. Secondly, I would tell myself to invest in my future rather than into the present. Friends, family, finances, all of those have been things that I have not put enough of myself into. When I was younger, all I could think was to get out of the house and to leave the droll place that I felt Flagstaff to be. Now however, I'm living with my parents- couldn't live without them- most of the friends I made in high school I've discovered to be not worth my time, and I have no money. If I'd convinced myself to start saving money back in high school and to look more for scholarships like this, I wouldn't have to worry so much about it now.

Christina

College is a time of learning. Learning in the classroom and learning about who you are. While you continue to change throughout your life, college is a good time to work on figuring out what is important to you and what you are passionate about, your priorities. Take classes about a variety of subjects, both on campus and off. Take a dance class, an art class, a class about nature survival. Make friends with people who hold different beliefs and who come from different backgrounds. Let them open your eyes to things and ideas you have never been exposed to before. You don?t have to forget about who you were before but don?t be afraid to change and to find new beliefs or to slightly alter the ones you already had.

LORI

If I could go back and talk to myself I would incourge me to stay in school and finish. I know it is hard and you are struggling with classes and grades, not everybody is going to be good. If you can stick with it and try and finish with high school and graduate, going to college will be alot differnt than high school. You will have alot more presures than before, the work will be harder, you will have more homework, books are more expensive, If you drive you will need to pay for your parking permit. You will get instructors that you may like or dislike. If you want to go somewhere in the world you need to get a good education to be able to get good paying jobs. Basically if you have determination and stick it out you can make it in college and make it work for you.

Starla

Enjoy your senior summer and instead of working so hard apply for scholarships. You only get to be young once and once its gone its gone.