Collin County Community College District

« See more reviews of Collin County Community College District

the number one thing i would tell my self looking back to my senior year would be to get right into college when you graduate! i know its not something graduets want to hear but its really true. i regret taking the summer off just to get way from school for a wail. i mean high school wasnt hard and i made really good grades so more that soon wouldnt of killed me. its better to stay with it and not take breaks because it makes you not want to go back and also can keep you from getting it done in the "normal" 2 years you could. i spent a hole summer doing nothing when i could of easly gotten two classes out of the way and been a little head.

Advice I would give myself are to get involved in more school activities, such as clubs and sports. Also, never get to involved in relationships (Girlfriends) because it is most likely that it wont last forever and besides; school is a lot more important than relationships. I could do that later on my life. Concentrating more on my studies will pay off later when I am pursuing my career in the real world. I should never slack in anything and always study. This doesn't mean I won't have a regular life. I always have the weekend to relax with my family and friends. High GPA is very important to many schools and that is what i need to get.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would probably have to yell at her rather than just talk to her. I would advise her to focus more on books rather than boys. I got pregnant in high school and did not have the opportunity to go to college the traditional way. Here I am 20 years later trying to juggle college, work , and a family all at the same time. This has been extremely difficult but rewarding. It is taking me twice as long as it would have had I been more focused when I was in high school. I think my senior self would probably roll her eyes at me because let's face it, all kids think they know everything.

Back in highschool make the years count and don't slack on grades, submit things early and try harder then everyone else. The year will go by fast even though grades are very important stop and enjoy everyone and everything. Now as I watch people go off to college I realize that more then half of my class I will never see again and it makes you sad. Everyone goes on there own paths and you wonder if you will ever run into there path again. It gets heart wreching when your bestfriend of 10 years leaves you, not behind but lets you go on your own. The best advice that I can truly give you is work hard but play even harder.

Studying will be a big part of life now. Create good habits now when it will be easier and learn to balance school work and a social life. College can be really fun, but it can also be a pain if you don't do things when they need to get done. Don't procrastinate, in fact that's one of the worst things to do. Do school work when it is given and do it in a timely manner. Going out with friends may seem like a good idea at the time, but not when school work and projects are piling up. Work hard and never give up, no matter what. Some situations may seem hard at times, but things will always work out in the end.

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself how great starting off at a community class could be. It is very helpful to ease my way into college instead of jumping straight into a university far from home. I am glad that I decided to ease into college because now I am not worrying about living alone, doing laundry, and everything alone with leaving home on top of the work that goes along with college. I would lastly tell myself to not waste my time taking all those SAT tests since I did not need it to get into community college or when I planned on transferring.

Looking back now if I was able to give myself advice in high school it would be to be more driven and go out there and find a way to go away to college. In high school I always assumed that I would just go to college somehow but because of financial reason I had to stay and go to community college. Myself in high school needed to be more assertive and not rely on my family to send me to college but find away myself. I should have done all that my senior year of high school but since I did not I am going to take my advice now and find a way to go away and have a true college experience.

Don't wait. There are many things that can be put off in life. College should not be on that list. Time goes by so quickly before you realize it you have settled into a career that has very few options for advancement. It is much more difficult to switch gears later in life and once you have settled into life. Regret is a weight not easily left behind. Everytime I look at the past few years I wish I would have done things so dramatically different. I feel like I wasted years of my life. Use your time wisely always looking to the future because before you know it, it has become the past.

If I could go back and talk to myself during my senior year, I would tell myself that I need to volunteer more and I would also tell myself that if I work just a little harder, my grades would have improved dramatically. I feel that volunteering helps your chances of getting a scholarship, and I spent my entire high school career doing theatre after school and working. It was difficult to balance work, school and theatre in one day. I would also tell myself that grades are a big deal, and even though I made decent grades, with just a little more effort, I could have done amazingly.

The advice I would give myself would be , First, work on scholarships well before your senior year. The longer you put if off, the harder it will be to finish. Second, DO NOT SLACK OFF YOUR SENIOR YEAR! It is a very good idea to try really hard and take the classes that you know will be challenging. This will give you a good head start for college. Last, but not least, visit colleges and get a good idea of what you want to major in. College visits can be very fun and knowledgeable. Be smart when deciding where to go and make sure to get the most out of the college of your choice.