Columbia University in the City of New York

« See more reviews of Columbia University in the City of New York

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Some frequently heard stereotypes are that all Columbia students do is study and don't know how to have fun, that Columbia girls hate Barnard girls, and that people are socially awkward as well as too liberal.

Columbia boys are socially akward (especially the freshmen) or really full of themselves (softmore and above). Columbia girls aren't as attractive as Barnard girls.

Some stereotypes about Columbia say that Columbia has no campus, pretty bad athletic teams, lame Greek Life, and a fair amount of nerdy students.

I've heard that Columbia students are generally unattractive, rich, arrogant, and/or all Jewish. Also, we're afraid to go beyond 125th St.

Perhaps the stereotype of Columbia students is that they are highly intelligent, competitive, ambitious, and hard-working.

People say that the Columbia boys have bad social skills and are generally reproachable and disagreeable to be around.

That Columbia is a city school with no campus life, and that the student body is really decentralized.

nerdy, ugly, wierd, overachievers, cold, mean-spirited, out for themselves, rich, snobby

there is absolutely NO social life here. students are awkward and unfriendly.

that we don't have a social life and/or are socially awkward