Cornerstone University

« See more reviews of Cornerstone University

If I could speak to my high school self, I would tell myself to enjoy the process more. Life just kinda falls into place, so you plan the best you can, but you also can't worry when things don't work out how they were "supposed to." A change in priorities or direction is not a bad thing. In fact, it can sometimes be a door opening to something you never could have imagined. Had it not been for "interruptions" in my plan, I would not be as strong or insiteful as I am today.

I wish I would have known the seriousness of the tuition at Cornerstone. In my freshman year, my parents got a loan for my first year. In the next year, I could not go back to Cornerstone., because my parents could not get out a loan; their credit was bad. I am a junior and am back at Cornerstone; now, I have to work to pay off the remainder of the tuition. I wish I and my parents would have planned more financially for my time at Cornerstone.

As a whole, Cornerstone strongly encourages mental, emotional, and physical health. I wish I had known how well the resources were in place: RAs who were kind enough to talk, a gym that I could work out in, and professors with whom I could speak. Another thing I wish I had known was that I had known that I couldn't meet everyone's needs. As I looked around, I wanted to help everyone, even when I felt I couldn't.

I wish i had known how cold sonwy it got here in Michigan. I also wish i knew that everyone went home on the weekends. I wish there were more activities on campus on the weekend becasue the activities we do have are fun just not often enough to keep people here every weekend. I also wish i knew that AP classes are great and i wish i took more in highschool.

I wish that I would have known how many great people I would meet. I have started to make life-long relationships on and off the softball field. The girls on my team our my sisters and I absolutely love all of them! The girls in my dorm building all have something different to offer to everyone and it is simply amazing.

The process of moving away from home and attending college can be a challenge. I wish I would of known that I was going to be living with two girls, instead of one. This was a big surprise on the first day! The last minute roommate situation was something that caught me off guard.

I wish I had known how open minded people are, way more than I expected going into a Christian school and how accessible the professors make themselves to their students. People are always willing to help others out and there is a real community sense there.

That quite a few students have bad attitudes about the school and about the rules. Most still follow them, but complain often. There is never a bad attitude presented on a prospective visit day, so it was surprising to hear negativity about the school.

I wish I would have known more about additional fees that came with the tuition bill. I found myself being surprised by unexpected fees that I didn't even know were involved. It would have helped me while filling out for other scholarships.

I wish I would have known that the academic status of the school is not very high. It's getting better though. I also wish I would have known the professors are required to do research, and therefore have less time to be with students.