CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

« See more reviews of CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

1. Baruch students are nearly 100% career students and recieve succesful jobs once they graduate 2. Baruch is one of the best business schools and has one of the most prestigious Graduate school 3. Baruch students have great networking and communication skills but are horrible writers 4. Most top companies recruit Baruch students becauase of the great history Baruch has proved to others

In general, Baruch student stereotypes usually consist of the many ethnic groups that Baruch is known for. Typically, it is the stereotypes that have plagued society wherever there is diversity. Stereotypes about Baruch as an academic institution include it being regarded as being a college for "poor people" and is less sought after because it is a CUNY and public institution.

Baruch students are there because they are money-hungry business majors who are unhappy after graduation in accounting and finance jobs. Baruch students tend to hang out with their own race. Most students are middle class and work part time. It's hard to maintain friendships once the semester is over.

1. There are a lot of minorities in Baruch 2. The escalotors never work 3. Most people commute to school 4. The math department is absolutely horrible 5. All departmental finals will hurt your grade

Ambitious, hard working, strict parents, some students travel 2 hours just to get to school, Baurch has no social life, a lot of people look for something to do after classes.

Stereotypes include that all Baruch students are stuck up, unattached New Yorkers that just think about going to class and going straight home, and becoming accountants.

Baruch is a school filled with future accountants and finance majors, with very few liberal arts majors dispersed in between.

Students have a business look and many have their own little clique of friends within their own races.

Some stereotypes are that we're all uptight suits and think about money all the time.

No one is friendly, everyone is a stuck-up business person, everyone wears suits.