CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

Hunter is mostly attended by non-traditional students who work part or full time while pursuing their degree, often older students with families and/or children. Hunter isn't great at offering services to night/weekend only students, and class selection is sometimes limited, but if you plan your class schedule ahead and research previous class calendars, you can graduate on time. You have to be dedicated to your class work and willing to sacrifice personal desires to do well, but most teachers understand the average student's situation and are willing to work with you.

The people who should be attending this school, are people who are motivated and eager to learn. Yes, school is not cheap. But, the ends justify the means. The professors are dedicated and you can learn something. When you get into the real world, you have knowledge which others wish they had. If you want to learn and be ahead of the game, then this is the place to be. When employers see you’ve succeeded and obtained a degree within a college which is challenging, shows character and determination; and that’s always a great quality to have.

The kind of person who should attend CUNY Hunter College is the person who loves diversity. They should be aware that by attending, they will be in the most diverse school in the world. Not only will they be surrounded by people from all walks of life, but they will have the choice to select their studies from a wealth of subjects. The kind of person that attends this school should want the New York City experience, meaning they should be open to everything, want to drink it in and want to explore the person they are meant to be.

Any person that loves the city life, people, shopping, eating, anything really NYC has it. Hunter is a great school and the tuition is very affordable for the quality of education. If you are interested in other cultures, religions, other parts of the world, this is the city for you. This is a place to make friends from all over the US and the world. Hunter has clubs and activities for many interests. There is a great sense of school spirit from Hunter students, which makes the school days more exciting and enjoyable.

Hunter College is a great school for older adults returning to college. I am 32 years old and going back to school after years of working in the private sector. I feel very comfortable in this endeavor as there are many adults in my classes who are my age and older. Hunter also offers many classes in the evenings and on the weekends to accomodate the schedules of people who work full time. I've never had a difficult time taking the classes I need at a convenient time.

The kind of person who should attend Hunter College should be an idependant, autonomous and determined person who is set on their goals. Hunter College had all the resources, aid and knowledge one could need, but the student must be ready to use and attain what is offered. A student who attends Hunter College should also be an open individual ready to communicate and engage in a friendly, diverse and unique New York City environment.

Hunter College is for anyone who is up for a challenge and determined to meet their goals should definitely come to Hunter College. Hunter College provides students with challenges and makes sure the hard work does pay off. The effort put into a students work is the key to success, and Hunter College makes sure every student gets to experience the challenge and the happiness when goals are met.

Someone who likes the busy, city life. Though the school may seem fast-paced, there will be people who are willing to help you and help you open your network. This new network will even help you in classes in the future. They should be also be open minded in what they doing and try out the different club/groups that the school has to offer.

A person that should attend this school is one who is serious about their studies and have a sense of direction in their life. But just in case they don't the faculty here will help them try to find their career interest the best way they can.

A commuter. Someone who lives at home or with roommates, and usually maintains a job while being a full-time student. I think someone who graduates from Hunter most likely plans to join the workforce immediatly after, rather than grad school.