CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

Any individual's interested in a business career. Hunter is a college focused around the sciences. It is a community school so student looking for the university college life should not attend because the campus life will not be what they may be expecting. Students at Hunter are very focused and competitive in the science background majors. The cirriculum is very demanding and those students not ready to focus on staying ahead of the competition need not apply. Students interested in majors such as photography, law, engineering, and business should look into other CUNY schools that specialize in those areas.

A person who is close-minded about everything. Hunter College is the most liberal college I have ever known and the student population here is very diverse, hailing probably every single country one can think of. One should not attend this school if he or she is not open to the idea of sexual orientation, political and religious views, and everything else in between that may be a problem for some conservative people. One should not attend this school if he or she does not like the busy and hectic, though always exciting view and atmosphere of New York City.

I f you don't like to socialize or be around lots of people, I would not recommend Hunter. Most students are outgoing and very sociable and like to get together and study. Hunter is also located in a great area of NYC which also has lots of people around all the time. I love to be around people and NYC and Hunter have lots of people from all over the world speaking every language imaginable. If you are a person that doesn't want a new experience with different cultures Hunter is not for you.

A person who needs more structure and guidance should probably consider somewhere else. You really have to be independent when navigating Hunter, which is tough, but reflective of NYC. At Hunter, you have to do the leg-work to meet counselors and professors. Because unlike a college town, Professors and such are only there maybe 2 times a week, sometimes once. As an 18 year old who is use to the structure of high school, navigating Hunter, seemingly by yourself can be challenging.

If you don't want to do anything with your life and don't like authority, than this is not the place for you. If you don't want to stay up many nights reading endless chapters , writing a paper for six different classes, then you don't need to be here. If you don't like waking up early to educate your mind and learn a craft, and perfect it, then you should not go to this school. This school gives you the best and if you’re not willing to give it back, you’re wasting your time.

Anyone who can not handle a big work load or is bad at time manegment. Classes at Hunter have a lot of work. Regardless if its an advanced or one of the lower courses you will have a lot of reading to do on top of assignments and studying for tests and midterms. This can easily burn anyone out regardless if they are full-time or part-time. You have to be able to mangage your work or you'll become overwelmed.

There really isn't any one who shouldn't attend Hunter. It's a fantastic school, and the professors (with few exceptions) are well educated and do a great job of teaching. The only student who won't make it at Hunter is one who doesn't work hard, or doesn't want to do the work needed to graduate. And a student like that probably shouldn't be going to college in the first place.

Although Hunter has an Art Depattment, the Arts is not one of Hunter strong points. So any student interested in pursing a carreer in arts tshould not attend Hunter, but should rather attend Schools that specialize in the Arts. Hunter College also does not offer courses in Law thus students interested in pursing a career in Law should not attend Hunter. College.

People who want the dorming experience, people whom are interested in finance or business degrees as well as those who are looking for the "college party" experience. There are clubs and organizations at Hunter that are decent for socializing, but hunter is mostly a commuter school, so its not exactly the number one place for meeting people.

Anyone who is lazy or wants to skate through their classes. Teachers don't tolerate laziness or obvious indications that you aren't doing the work. I can't speak much to the extra curricular activities because I've worked full time while going to school and therefore haven't had the time to participate in any.