CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it's so overpopulated. There are over 23,000 students in such a small campus community. Since we're set in New York City, we call certain times at Hunter College as "rush hour". This is the time when all the classes decide to get out at once and it makes it almost impossible to make it to your next class in under 10 minutes.

The most frustrating thing about my school is its extremely large population. The number of students attending can be overwhelming at times. Events such as campus tours and orientation are high in attendance and the individual attention is not there for each student. The hallways are always crowded as are computers labs and the library.

The moster frusrating thing about Hunter is that it is part of CUNY which is a huge government entity. It's hard to feel like you can have an effect on how the college in run when the administration is effectively really far removed from you. The professors, it seems, don't even have that much of a say.

Course availability is limited at times. No on-campus parking available, so off-campus parking can be very difficult at times since Hunter is located on the Upper East side of Manhattan. There is also a slight tendency for some professors to be extremely boring and dull (i.e., lecture intensive).

The lack of necessary classes available and opened to allow students to graduate on time. The fact that transfer students have to wait to get into necessary classes which in reality is just a problem sparked by not having enough classes, as had been stated as the first most frustrating thing.

You may very likely take a class in an auditorium with 200 other people and have a not so good professor. But that's usually if you are taking a science course. Registration can sometimes be a pain if you are one of the people who have a later registration date.

Since it's in an urban city, it has the reputation for being a commuter school, then again it's all a matter of doing the effort and joining clubs and talking to people. I also find the classrooms to be pretty ugly and the elevators can take a loooong while.

the most frustrating thing at my school is administration. Sometimes I feel that it is almost impossible to resolve any problems, because no one knows anything and they just make you run around the school trying to get something done.

As with I believe most any public institution, trying to find the right place to go to get a question answered is quite difficult, very often entailing going to multiple offices, in a circular fashion, which wastes time and energy.

The most frustrating thing about Hunter College is the fact that housing is not guaranteed like the other CUNY's.