CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

I should have known their curriculum because they expect too much from their students. They are very strict with their General Education Requirements and that this must be followed by students and approved by the school administration. Being a transfer student, I should have known the school's requirements so that I could have taken those courses I need to satisfy their requirements. I wish I didn't underestimate this school because they are really strict with their rules and guidelines pertaining to graduation requirements. And I wish I was better and more knowledgable because students here are highly intelligent.

It is important to be self-motivated in the school to get the most of the offerings. There are many students and, in some areas, limited personel and resources. Be interested in your course of study and your own progression in your classes. It really makes a difference to take responsibility for your education - seek out your teachers, work with advisors to guide you, and get to know your fellow students. It is these relationships that will make your education incredibly valuable as a foundation and ensure a lasting impact in creating what you want to create in your life.

I wish I knew that the Physical Therapy Program at the time I transfered from Lehman College was transformed to a Doctoral program. I transfered with the intention of becoming a Physical Therapist. When I transfered, the same semester the program became a Doctorate program which left me having to choose another major to obtain a Bachelor's degree and then apply in 3 years to a Masters program. The program was originally a 5 year B.A/ Masters program but the semester I entered I was left having to complete a 4-year degree first . Was quite expensive!

I wish I would have known that the financial aid they bragged about at college fairs etc. was mostly fake. My family lies barely above the poverty line and out of the five semesters I have attended CUNY Hunter College I have only recieved assistance one semester, and neglegable assistance at that. I also wish I'd known that their art programs weren't competitive or up to par with the arts scene in NYC. They are very behind and even seem a bit ridiculous and petty at times. The performing arts programs are especially unprofessional.

The paperwork and bureaucracy to get anything done in this place has to be seen to be believed. Get EVERYTHING done ASAP because you wont have time to go from building to building all day when the classes are in full swing. And as stated, the professors are well known but the adjuncts are just there as a part time job. So if you really care about a particular class, do your research, find out whos who, and go for the distinguished professors who arent as uptight as the adjuncts and usually more fun and effective.

Had I known what was in store for me when I entered college I wouldn't believe it. I came in with one mind set about how school affects your life and now have a completely different one. Basically, I used to think I had to do something with my life that would guarantee success, as in "practical majors". Now I believe that if you do what makes you happy, you will be successful no matter what. I initially went into school to do science, but ended up changing my major to fine arts. Do what makes you happy!

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew that this school gives me the opportunity in pursuing my medical career. In the beginning, I hated this school because of the location, which is in the middle of the city and also because this school doesn't have any park liek other schools might have. However, when I started to study in this school, I realized that location doesn't effect the quality of the school, but It's the teachers and the curriculums that matter for my future education and career.

Before coming to Hunter I wished I had known what my goals for school were and that I needed to take full advantage of what they had to offer me. I knew what I wanted to major in, I knew what classes I wanted to take. What I did not know is what kind of group activities should I have gotten involved with, what study groups could I have joined and what clubs could I have been a member of. I was figuring most of this out along the way and in some cases too late.

I wish that I knew more about New York City when I started school. When I moved into my dorm, I didn't know where I was going or how to get around town. I think that I spent too much time getting used to the city. Before I knew it, I was heading home for the summer, and missing the city. I really enjoyed my sophomore year right from the start. I think that's because I was more comfortable in New York City after my first year.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. Whether it be financial aid, cirriculum, or even personal matters relating to your education. There are so many resources available to you as a student. And while it may seem intimidating, you need to take advantage of these. Also, attending every class and taking good notes will save you from last minute cramming and improve your GPA.