New York, NY
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

Brianna

John Jay is an amazing school that makes me feel safe , comfortable & welcomed. I feel connected to my teachers & feel if I ever need to get in contact with them I can. The campus is so cozy & makes it comfortable for me to be here. Campus food is great as well.

Antigona

John Jay College of Criminal Justice is a great school. Professors really work with students to help bring the best out of their academic career. The university also administers many events for students, such as peer mentoring, career fairs, you name it!

clemente

Great college and friendly people to feel comfortable around. I enjoy coming to school and learning new facts everyday. The college helps people who need and want help. The professors care about students and want to make sure they learn the material needed to pass the course.

marleny

awesome, i am very proud to be part of you guys, thanks for welcoming. since i star colleague i worked very hard to get in there, and finally i am with you guys. the place its like a movie, really huge, the food its awesome and little expensive, the personal are very helpful. thanks.

Fredericka

In my opinion, John Jay is one of the best colleges in NYC. Need help? You got it. Need a friend? You got it. Its like a big family once you get to know people. And if you are an athlete, John Jay is the play for you. Joining a team, they become your family in the little time you know them. The help that students athletes receive is amazing. But be advised USE RATE MY PROFESSOR before registering for classes.

Everyone is antisocial. It makes it difficult to make friends. You really need to put yourself out there but with the limited clubs and the few people that actually go to them, it makes it difficult to make friends. During community hour, people are on their laptops, in their own worlds. Classes are okay, professors don't care. I wish everyone was a bit more welcoming.

Neal

I'd tell myself to be myself, wear what you want and have fun. Also tell myself to relax aand be more confident I was too tentative in social situations. I would also tell myself to please focus a lot more in all my classes and to focus solely on life after high school which would of been college. If I could talk to myself back then I would of saved 8 years of finding myself. It took me 8 years to finally discover what I wanted to do as a career which is being a Parole/Probation Officer. I could of saved myself a lot of grief and money lost. I've definitely learned a lot of lessons but if I could I would surely go back to my high school self and maybe improved my life.

The best thing about my school would be the students and the campus. Everyone is so friendly including the professors. The campus is huge and beautiful. Ironically its so beautiful an episode of Law and Order is currently being filmed on the campus.

The most frustrating thing would definitely be the tuition. Its tough paying rent while also having to find money to pay for school. New York City is so expensive!

Lisa

Annoyingly bureaucratic, but filled with amazing professors.

Annoyingly bureaucratic, but filled with amazing professors.

I would tell myself to remain calm, and that there is nothing wrong with admitting that a certain choice (or major) was wrong for me. When I entered college I was so afraid of switching majors, due to the fact that I might not stay focused, that I let a bad major choice ruin my GPA. I was always taught to not switch my major, because it was considered "unfocused and irresponsible", and to stick with what I picked. After academic counseling sessions I gathered up the confidence I needed to finally switch majors, and I have been just as focused and driven as I was when I started. Thanks to my switch, I was able to bring my overall GPA back up to a 3.2 from a 2.6, with a 3.7 major GPA. Now I am happier with my work and workload, enjoy learning what I am being taught and look forward to graduating soon with my Bachelors' of Science degree in Criminal Justice.

Financial aid and loans are not processed fast enough to allow students to plan out their finances. Additionally priority is given to transfer students when registering, not seniors of the home college.

ryan

I took 15+ years between high school and college. In that time I've worked had two kids and struggled through. I would tell myself that I should have got clean at an earlier age instead of actively trying to destroy myself in front of those around me. It is hard at this age to balance work, marriage and kids with school to be successful at all four areas.

Not enough evening classes and activities

Someone looking to work in the criminal justice field.

helene

If i was giving another chance to go back in high school, there will a lot of changes i will have to make. First i came from another country so English is not my first language but my third one. In that case, I will have to consider the advise gave by my english teacher in Cameroon , she always told us to learn english for life not for points or for grades, but to learn for life. It's took me time to realize that she was right, when i found myself in United States. And i start to think about her with all the regret, but that was to late because i did not listen to her. Going back now, i will listen carefully to all my professors and try to learn each course, memorize them for life without a joke, because there are some courses are keep coming back in College and you notice that you have forgotten everything. Some examples as maths and history of the world. And you feel embarrassed when the teacher talks about World War I and II and you don't have anything to say about , unable to answer questions , you feel diminish.

My school has a lot of diverse majors but student who wants to pursue on business and nursing they are not really welcome there. Because if they do it's going to a wasting time for them, they're going to be oblige to take courses they don't really need for their education. And going to be messing up with their financial aid if they have one. John Jay is more about liberal art and law students, so i will also refer to those science students to find others Colleges or Universities where their needs are applied for them.

I always tell my friends how much John Jay is diversal on majors as criminal justice , law and society which is my major. I also let them know that my school has good professors some of them are lawyers and teach very well, because everthing is about practice. And we practice most of the time in class. Also the career center at John Jay offers many internships allowing students to gain work experience before graduating. There are also multiple clubs to distract students as spanish music club which during break show to students their talents. Some employers come for hiring.

CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.