New York, NY
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

Jose

I will tell past myself; don’t feel like a burden on your mom’s income. The last thing you want is to be away from your college degree pursuit. I should know I am you. I regret the path of ‘how I’ after decades of laborious employments; lead myself to realize that without your college degree, your pride and yourself worth is as good as the state minimum wage. I know you are going thru a rough time deciding on what to do but your life would be better if you could obtain these degrees at an early age. You need to talk with admission about CUNY colleges because it is one of the most affordable universities in the nation. Furthermore, they will guide thru your financial needs and options for that college. However, continue looking for web sites like Campus discovery for assistance in obtaining scholarships. This is to help divert the cost associated with college. I know it is a lot of work but you are smart and like to complete everything you start without worries of your financial situation. So, try what I have told you now and I will continue it in our future self.

I wish I had known of its Associate program and the ability to change a major to one more suit for a Law degree. In addition I would like to know how to change the major without losing any credit already earn towards a degree.

The worst thing for me about this school was I did not get to experience all of this campus had to offer. Thus, due to several factors: one being, one major and four minor surgeries during the attendance of 2012-2014 school years. Another, includes an acknowledgement of uncontrolled diabetes diagnose towards the ending classes of the BA studies. Finally, the last factor is the effect that these two factors above had on my studies GPA and the means for my supportive income, my NY CDL. The worst is I graduated but I believe I should have graduated with honors.

cassandra

Have a plan and reasearch all your oppurtunities

Have a plan and reasearch all your oppurtunities

I would advise myself that things are going to get hard and I am going to be faced with obstacles but how I handle those obstables will make me the person I desire to be. I would say that education is priceless and is something that noone can take away from you. I would say that in the future the world will demand higher education professionals and if I am up for the challenge I will soar like the eagle I am. I would tell myself that being in the national honor society is just the start and I will become a Ronald E. Mcnair Scholar, travel and conduct research. There will be experiences and cultural knowledge that will broden my horizons and allow me to become a lifelong scholar

Bianca

Not everything in life will go as you plan, but a sense of direction is not always essential- despite unanimous claims. The transition from high school to college is a peculiar crossroad of self-discovery and awareness- a paradoxical predicament. Your immediate decision will determine your life-long path… at this age of immaturity where the quest for the long-awaited independence and adventure of adulthood sparks the glimmer in your eye. Goal-orientation strives for a single culmination. Like a horse guided by blinkers, you only see the path onward in one dimension, one direction; all other possibilities cease to exist. College will never be about passing an exam, to pass a class, to get that diploma, to land a job that buys the material wealth defined by “success”. Favor knowledge and intellect itself as a conscientious member of the planet. There will be academic pressure from parents, and pressure for a prestigious place in society from peers and the rest of the universe. But, pleasing others creates a visceral burden and a state of complacence. It is NOT a lack of motivation, but motivation into a new realm of possibilities that makes a cultured and well-rounded being.

John Jay is recommended for those looking to make a social difference, ready to bring new ideas to the table instead of criticizing what isn't working. For a longer student career, prospective students should make intellect, knowledge and advocacy for change through the application of the former the goal itself, instead of a job, diploma or paycheck.

In order to avoid being a "revolving door" student, it is important that prospective students have a clear idea of the concept of ideologies offered at John Jay. As an example, those looking into a criminal justice degree should not have an immature or superficial approach to justice and service to the community (thrill-seekers).

rebecca

My classmates are driven, passionate, and aware of the social injustices of this nation- they are open and willing to help and mentor their fellow classmates promoting social justice.

John Jay College of Criminal Justice promotes social equality and provides an incredible amount of mentorship. They prepare college students to be scholars and effective prfessionals in the future. Other schools may not discuss various social injustices, and John Jay- the exception allows students, staff, and faculty members to aid in changing the societal dynamics of tomorrow.

Upon reflection of my years in high school, it is safe to say that I would tell myself an innumerable amount of things. First and foremost, I would prepare myself for the financial readiness of balancing my finances without having to work full-time. I would have also created a savings account throughout my high school years, if in fact I ever needed it to pay for any and all expenses related to college. Also, I would have made various visits to the college, becoming familiar with the setting and people who both worked and taught at the college. I would have looked further into the programs offered, clubs open, and sports teams available to students. As a high school senior, I should have been a mentor to younger students at the high school- enriching them with as much information and becoming a resource for them if ever needed. I wished I would’ve spread awareness not only about my college, but attending college in general and the importance of setting it as a future aspiration.

John Jay has great professors that really care about their students and their success. I believe I am a strong student and I love to learn, but if it weren't for the professors at John Jay (their passion and dedication to teaching), I wouldn't have done as well as I did.

Hello Stephanie. As a High School senior, I strongly advise you to take all of your classes and professors seriously. Do well in your classes and take extraccuricular activites and sports. Get to know your school; know its history and explore the options it offers for you. If there is something you think you do not like, go for it! Give it a try because once you do, you will be certain that it is not for you. Most importantly, take Advanced Placement courses if offered; if you do, you can have the option of skipping a few required courses because you already took them in High School! Language courses are also good to take! You can skip this in college and leave room for more exploration, if possible. Again, I highly recommend that you explore your options and continue to do so once you get to college. It will be a great reward for you and from you.

Anyone can attend this school, especially if they desire to train into a field related to justice or criminal justice in specific. If a student passionately desires to be an advocate for justice, John Jay is the right school!

Amber

I would tell myself to buckle down and stick with my first college choice. I did not like my first college and therefore threw away a full ride scholarship to school to go somewhere else. In all honesty, where I transfered to was no better then where I came from and it even took me longer to get my associates degree. I'm extremely disappointed in myself for throwing away such a great opportunity. Now I am in debt from student loans. If I could I would show my 18 year old self my Sallie Mae loans. I know for a fact I would be angry with myself. Dispite my debt, I am still committed to getting by BA.

What is unique about my school is that they have a program called BA/MA. This program allows students who excel in their studies and have high GPA statues to be able to not only achieve earning a Bachelors degree but also taking Masters classes. You would earn both Bachelors and a Masters degree and only paying the Bachelor tution price. This to me is unique and convenient for students who really push hard and want to achieve their degrees.

The advice I would give myself would be to be more independent. I would tell myself to start asking questions and handling things on your own becuase in college you are the person who is responsible for everything. You have to put effort in to achieve the results. I know in highschool I received alot of help from my family, teachers and friends but the college life doesn't take you by the hand. Also college is a time for staying focused on goals and what you want to be later on in life. Partying is okay but don't leave work until the night before it is due. You will be completly exhausted! The best advice I'd give myself though would be to not schedule any classes until around 9:00am because having to wake up early for an 8:00am math class was the worst decision. I know myself and I'm not a morning person, what was I thinking. Oh and mom was right eat breakfast!

Transportation is the worst becuase getting to the school is difficult. It is located in Manhatten,NY and it is overly crowded. Traveling around is difficult by trains or buses especially in the early mornings or late afternoons around rush hour when all the city workers crowd into the trains pushing and shoving. To get to the school I would have to take a train, transfer to another train then get off & walk a few blocks to the school. I feel as if transportation alone takes up more of my day then actually sitting down in the classroom learning.

Gareth

John Jay College od Criminal Justice is a school that is set on high excellence.

My classmates at John Jay College are very diversed and knowledgeable.

Going to college is taking another step on the ladder of success. Some people get over whelmed adjusting to a new environment while others adapt easily. Transitions are never easy and one should always have a support system like your family, friends, classmates who can help you when probleems arise. My advice to high school senior's make sure your up to date on your school work. If a professor gives an assignment make sure it is done and its ready to be handed in on time because you will have tons of work to do. Make sure you help your classmates because they will be times you will need their assistance. As the saying goes "no man is an island". So help your fellow classmates. Dont be afraid to confront issues that are bothering you. If you have to be assertive "BE ASSERTIVE". If you have problems with a teacher go and speak to the Chair of the department. Every department has a chair. If the chair of the department is not helpful go and speak to a DEAN. Colleges are very expensive and you will be paying for your education. Make sure they provide the services you need.

Jonathan

If i were to go back in time, i would advise myself to never give up. Being a high school athlete i got injured very badly my junior year, that i never thought i would be able to play in college, so i lost sight of my athletism as well. I would advice myself not to think that college isn't the right move for me because if i was to start as soon as i got out of high school i would have already been in my career i'm trying to pursure, which is nursing.

CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.