Bronx, NY
CUNY Lehman College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Lehman College

Cindy

Lehman College has a beautiful campus. Like any college, Lehman college may have their flaws like long lines in financial aid or any office in the Shuster hall, but professors in Lehman are very nice. They are willing to help you when you need it. I must say I really love this college.

Tashana

CUNY Lehman College is one of the best schools in the city. There are a variety of clubs and programs that students can get involved in. I mean there is everything for anybody. The food is great and the environment is always clean. The advisers do a very good job at helping students when trying to decide what they want to do. I must say the library is my favorite place, I like how accessible it is, I mean I'm in the library 6 days a week. Over all Lehman is a great school.

Patricia

Lehman College is a really good school, I feel like I am getting the most out of my education and the professors are extremely helpful. They make sure you are learning and try to help in any way possible if any student is having issues. I definitely plan to go back for my graduate degree.

Mayra
The Lehman Experience

The Lehman Experience

Cuny Lehman College has been the best decision for me as a school. The campus is big, well-kept, and there are a ton of different ways of transportation to get here. There is also a student parking lot, which is a plus if you drive. The education quality is great, There are so many knowledgeable professors as well as students. There are so many clubs and organizations here to help you in any and every way possible. If you are having personal or academic troubles, there's always someone at Lehman that will go out of their way to help you out. Lehman is also a commuting school, so everyone is always on the run. This is where things might get difficult, but students and staff understand what it's like to have to go to work, then school, then pick up your kids, feed your dog, then go back to class. The English Department is awesome! I have met the best professors and peers being an English Literature major. There are so many opportunities here, you just have to find the time and talk to the right people. I just received a letter from the English Department's English Honors Program inviting me to join, due to my academic achievement in my English courses. It may not seem like a big deal, but coming from a low income immigrant family, I am proud to be qualified to join the EHP. I am also interning at a national early education organization called Jumpstart. I am a team leader at a Daycare Center in East Bronx and work with low income children in order to improve and help children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for when they start kindergarten. I am so thankful that Lehman provides students with opportunities like Jumpstart because I have benefited and learned so much from the program. My site manager at Jumpstart, Emmanuel, is also a great mentor and I admire his work. Lehman may be a commuting school, but the education quality and opportunities are here. I've always thought that you can make something big out of something small, and Lehman has given me that opportunity. Here's to a bright future and accomplished goals.

Raquel
Unexpected Match

Unexpected Match

When applying to colleges it was the last place I thought I would end up at and never could have imagined how great it is. The campus is beautiful and the campus life fits me just right, lots of work but hey! Thats what college is about!

Poche

The campus is well maintained, and the people are friendly. There are multiple buildings for classes, with each building having a certain kind of subject theme and there is a nice comfy, quiet library to go to when the time is needed. There are always events happening here and there is always free food around.

You already think that the work is easy. Do the work first and play video games all night long. Remember, Mom and Dad said that we could do anything that we want as long as our grades are good. I'm also from the future, so believe me when I say that you get awesome Christmas presents for a few As. Get some tea, listen to some music, do your work, and then game all night long. You'll love high school.

The worst thing here is that the tuition includes fees for maintaining the student life building, but all the club rooms are no bigger than small closets, so every club has to try to fit over 20 people sometimes in that tiny space.

Stephania

Lehman College is a place where there is so much diversity that you don't have to hesitate to be yourself.

I would tell myself to stop worrying so much about the little things that were affecting me at the time. The reality is that high school is its own world in itself, and when you're in high school, it seems like that is the only thing that matters. Fights with friends, a low quiz grade, or a rough day in general isn't the end of the world, and although it doesn't seem like life will change so drastically after high school, it definitely does. In college, no one cares what happened in high school - how popular you were (or unpopular) or all of the little mistakes you made in those four years do not matter anymore. After senior year, friendships might change and it's okay because you can always make more. Not everything needs to be such a serious matter, because in the few months between graduating high school and college, you realize that things are different now.

I brag about the friendliness of the older students.

Colette

I would tell my High school self that in order to prepare myself for College that I need to learn how to present and thoroughly research a College paper properly. In High school the teachers unlike the professors in college do not baby you or remind you every second of when your paper that you have to do research on is due. There are some Professor’s who will occasionally remind their students about the assignment but others might not do that. They assume that since some students are more mature and are grown. Who have completed their degree or finishing that it is automatically understood, that they are responsible for any work that is required of them. No matter what life complications that will occur such as a family drama issues or a baby’s daycare needs. College Professor’s are very strict when it comes to punctuation and students being available 100 percent of the time. It can severely affect the student’s grade. If a student is absent 3 or more times without a doctor notice and comes to class after attendance is taken, and the student will be considered absent for the day .

A person that should attend this school or university must be willing or able to keep up with the high standard of passing very tough exams.

A person that should not attend this school would be someone who used to slack off alot in High School.

Erika

This college offered me a scholarship and the admittance into a very competative Scholars Program where I could take seminars exclusive for the scholarship group. This college is also close to home which is what I prefered.

I would tell myself to not panic, college isn't as scary as you think. There is a lot of people buslting about and you won't make that many friends but that's okay, because you have yourself and your family and a few close friends and thats enough. I would tell myself that it is okay not to know what you want to do for the rest of your life, because you'll find that a lot of people just like you aren't sure either, and that 's what college is about, figuring out who you are and who you want to be. I would tell myself to plan for the future, but stay open to options and don't be afraid to take a little leap of faith. Leaps of faith can take you to amazing places that you never thought you could go before, be brave and nothing can stop you. Above all I would tell myself that you are good enough, you will make it, and you will rise above all of the hardships and be the person you finally want to be.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it doesn't always have the classes that I need avaiable. With my scholarship I must take a minimum of 15 credits a semester, and it is hard to schedule that with the amount of time I have because I do have to work part-time to support myself.

Danielle

I would tell myself to have more confidence in my ability to do what I wanted to do, and not let others' opinions influence my decisions. I let other people persuade me into choosing a specific school and major that I was not really passionate about, instead of the one that I was because I told myself that pre-med was too hard and I would not be successful. Now, three years later, I am starting over at a different school with the major that I originally wanted to do, pre-med. A prestigious school name or ranking, having good grades, and making lots of money after school mean absolutely nothing if you are not happy with the career path that you have chosen.

The value of the education you receive at Lehman cannot be beat.

The school could be a little more technologically advanced. A lot of things that other schools allow you to complete online have to be done in person with Lehman. Also, it is hard to get in touch with faculty/staff sometimes.

CUNY Lehman College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.